28: sisters-in-law?

I struggled pulling on my dress once I was done soaking in the tab. I tied my hair into a loose ponytail and headed out of my room, almost hungry at the sweet scent of whatever he was making.

Rushing down the stairs, I nearly hit into him as he was just leaving the kitchen. He stumbled back a little bit managed to balance the tray and the plate he was carrying.

"Wow, you nearly had me drop my masterpiece, Iris." He said as he held his tray down to check his food. "Still okay."

"Wow that looks amazing." I gaped at the multi ingredient dish he was holding. A combination of rice, crispy beef cubes, straight thin fried pork strips, some peas, cubed carrots, salad..... It looked amazing....

"And it tastes amazing too." He grinned as he pointed toward the dining room. Beside the living room. Let's go have some before it gets cold." He said and I nodded excitedly as I followed him behind.

Anxiously waiting for the delicacy.

Once he sat the plate down, I sat down as well and couldn't stop drooling over it. I wanted some so bad....

"Okay." He sighed as he pulled off his apron and hanged it on the seat beside him before sitting down. "Bon apatite." He smiled and scooped a spoon full of the food. I got a spoon full as well and as I was about to bring it to my mouth, Hazel's spoon was just by my lips. I glanced up at him in wonder.

"Have the first bite." He smiled and I smiled back, opening my mouth and allowing the melting taste to embrace my tongue entirely.

"That's soooo good!" I moaned out as I shut my eyes and sighed out. "This is amazing. Try it yourself." I said as I brought my spoon to him, he gladly took a bit and shut his eyes as he leaned back to his seat.

"Gosh... That is heavenly. Didn't even taste it when I was cooking." He sighed out and I nodded as I took another bite. "You know, I bet you'd want me to cook it every now and then right?"

"Hell yes!" I sighed out as I took in more bite while he stared at me.

"If you'd marry me, I'd make it every night." He said and I glanced up at him as I continued to eat.

"Then I'd marry you right away." I chuckled as I took more bites.

"Anyway, I need to head back, since you said I can call in that I'm sick." He whined as he got up and ran a hand through his hair while I shrugged my shoulders. "Meet you tonight." He said as he leaned down and gave my forehead a small kiss before leaning back. "Call me of you need me." He winked as I chuckled while he walked away. "Don't leave a single grain on that plate!" He yelled as he disappeared through the corridor.

"I won't!" I chuckled as I heard the door close shut, in an instant, I reached over to the table and grabbed my phone, kicking with haste onto Linda's number.

Linda, I did something terrible.

I tapped send and sighed as I sat down on the table, staring at the pleasing food, feeling terrible from the inside.

What did you do!!!?

Just know Avery and Hazel.

Did you......?

Yes... :(

HAZEL!? YOU MET HIM!? WHY!? you were too excited, Iris! Who was first?

Hazel.... Actually. I think Avery got jealous.

AVERY IS A NO-GOOD HUMAN! I'm surprised you actually let him. Or you like him?

I think I do. I don't know.... What should I do....? Hazel and I are dating....

Hazel always had eyes on you since I mentioned your name. He really likes you so I'm not surprised he was quick with things. But Avery, I don't trust him. Anyway, I'll talk to you more when I get back this evening. But go grab yourself some pills. I won't risk you having something you aren't prepared for.

..... Okay... Talk when you get back.

******

My lower kip was probably going to year off and spill some blood the more I bit into it. I just didn't know what to do.

Sighing for the hundredth time as I stared at the medicine rack, I couldn't decide which one I could use.

"Oh, it's you." A voice so familiar said beside me. I turned only to hit those familiar eyes of Avery's sister. "Funny meeting you here. Looking for... Pregnancy pills?" She asked as she trailed my eyes to the packet I was staring at. "What's the occasion?"

"Just thought I would take some." I smiled slightly, feeling uneasy around her. Something about her gaze taunted me to say the very least. It wasn't a pleasant look that she was giving me.

"Oh, you can't have those. They rarely work best." She said as she reached into her purse and pulled out a small white box. "Take this. Just once a day for three days. Should work very well." She said as she placed it in my palm. I stared at the box for a moment, unsure if I should even be drinking it. "So, Avery and you took business to another level, huh?" She asked as she stared down at the box  in my hand.

"He told you?" I asked as I glanced at her, a bit worried he might have already told everyone. Including Hazel.

"Well, he tells me everything." She said with a rather calm smooth voice as she glanced down at the box in my hand. "And that... You just got with Hazel?"

"Um..." I cleared my throat and bit my lower lip.

Word spreads fast huh.

"Yeah." I nodded as a flush covered my entire face. "I cheated on Hazel with Avery, but I'm going to tell him-"

"I'm not here to ruin what you built with Hazel." She shrugged her shoulders and sighed out. "I'm here to warn you rather." She said as she returned her eyes to me with a threatening gaze. "I don't like Hazel in anyway. But if Avery gets hurt from whatever you and Hazel are trying to achieve together, I will not hesitate to ruin your life. Avery is my baby brother, my favourite brother amongst all the others. I would kill for him. So if he loves you, or tells you to leave Hazel, do so without hesitation, or things will get messy." She whispered and I clenched my jaw as I gazed towards the floor, knowing too well she was the most fearsome woman I know.

Her face says it all.

"Okay then. But that should help you no problem." She smiled as though she hadn't just threatened me. "The others will leave you expecting a child. I'll even pay for it for you, since it is extremely expensive." She said as she laced her arm around mine, pulling me towards the reception. "If Avery does have feelings, I bet we would be great sisters-in-law." She giggled, being a completely different person.