32: feelings eventually go

I stared at him for a moment as he brought the breakfast down on the table on front of me, setting it nicely before taking the seat beside me.

Come to think of it, I was pretty hungry.

"Don't ever do that again." I said as I grabbed the egg salad and began to eat.

"Do what?" He asked as he took his mug of black coffee. "Tease you?"

"I'm in a serious relationship." I rolled my eyes as I sighed out and glanced at the table. "I'd like it if you don't play around with my feelings." I whispered out, telling the entire truth. I liked Avery, there was no doubt about it but if he continued to play with the way my heart functioned, my thoughts and feelings, I would end up ruining it for Hazel took. I would break down and bring Hazel down as well. Besides, my mother likes Hazel.

"Feelings?" He asked as he chocked on his coffee. "Y-You have feelings for me?" He stupidly asked and I clicked my tongue as I glanced away.

"No, I just wanted to sleep with you, that's all." I rolled my eyes and stuffed my cheeks with more egg salad.

"I'm being serious." He said as he leaned into my field of vision. "I didn't think I even caught your interest." He shrugged his shoulders as he leaned back. "To be honest, I just thought you just wanted to have a man that moment."

"Like you just wanted a woman, for that moment." I pointed out as I turned to glance at him. "I'm with Hazel, so I don't mind, though, I'm thankful you didn't tell him, but the woman earlier this morning was yelling at you about having respect for women, I think you lack that." I said and he stiffened as he stared at me sharply. "Besides, I thought I recognised her and I was right. She's the new young employee Hazel had just hired last week and she's already in your bed. Last I can recall, I heard her tell Avery she was nineteen." I said as I placed the empty bowl of egg salad on the table and crossed my arms as he stared at me with a deep frown. "Is your hatred for Hazel that deep that you even want to tamper with his employees?"

"I didn't even know she worked there until this morning." He sighed as he placed the mug down on the glass. "I met her at a bar last week Friday and things escalated from there."

"She's just nineteen-"

"If she didn't mind, I didn't mind either." He shrugged his shoulders as he threw one leg over the other.

"Would you sleep with a sixteen year old if she asked for it?" I asked as I stared at him, almost regretting the feelings my heart harvested from him.

"I'm not a molester." He said as he glanced at me. "Or a sick man who can sleep with all ages. I have standards too. I wouldn't have stooped so low to sleep with a nineteen year old but I just really needed someone." He said in a lower tone as he glanced down at the floor.

"What about the orange head?" I asked as I stared at him with furrowed pitiful brows. "Isn't she a childhood friend with benefits?" I asked and he glanced at me with raised brows.

"She's married. We can't do much." He said before furrowing her brows. "Besides, why do you seem to know so much about who I get with?" He asked and I widened my eyes in embarrassment.

"I just happened to know them by coincidence. Plus the orange head didn't make it a bother to talk to me about what was going on between you too." I sighed out as I ran a hand through my hair. "But long story cut short. I can't be one of the women you can turn to when you feel that way. I don't want to be that kind of woman."

"I didn't say you were." He said a bit quietly. "To be honest, I really like you, Iris. Despite having countless women, I still think about the day I had you and keep craving to be with you, at least for the last time-"

"Why do you keep talking about having another time with me?" I asked as I clenched my fists. "For some odd reason, dating doesn't cross your mind. Not even now. You still just want to get it done and over with." I sighed out heavily as I glared at him. "You fooled your last secretary into thinking she was the one you'd love, but when she found out the hard truth, she realised you were never interested in her but just because she was a woman." I bit onto my lower lip and sighed out. "If you'll keep treating me liked you care when you don't, I'm afraid I'll leave. But if you end on tell me it's just professional, then I'll gladly accept being treated as an actual employee than feel this awkward."

"You're a nice girl, Iris." He said as he glanced towards the blank TV. "But frankly speaking. I don't find anyone attractive enough to try and possess them for me. It's a shame but that's just how it is. I'm sorry if I gave you that image, but I don't just use women, they also use me. If their feelings were involved then I'll take no responsibility." He sighed and smirked towards me. "Even if you like me, I don't think that's enough to fire yourself.  Unless the woman I once knew is gone." He said and I sighed out, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Well no." I shook my head. "It's not enough to get me running away. Even if I really did care about a scumbag like you, feelings eventually disappear." I smiled as he stared at me with a thin line on his lips.