19: Uninvited

A long table covered with a large white table cloth stood in the centre of the room with countless seats tucked in neatly in a perfect line. The table was set with forks and knifes that I did not know existed.

Why have two big and small forks when you can just have one big one?

I walled over with Mrs Bronze towards the table, unsure of where I was to sit.

I spotted two empty seats beside Avery and since I came with him, I just had to sit next to him. I pulled the chair and sat down, tucking myself in as I glanced at the countless covered dishes in front of me.

Looks enticing.

"Mind if I sit here?" A voice suddenly whispered into my ear and I glanced to my side where I met Hazel's soft gaze. I smiled back at him and gestured him to sit. Once he sat down, he sighed and leaned into his seat.

"Being in a place you're not welcomed is a bit suffocating." He whispered as he leaned towards me.

"I thought you were an investor?" I asked and he shook his head with a chuckle. "I heard you were coming here. So I tagged along."

"You just came here? Isn't this the family rooms?" I asked in shock only to gasp when I felt a tight grip on my arm. I glanced to my other side, only to notice Avery glaring at me.

"First of all, your whispering is too loud. Secondly, don't talk to him." He threatened with his eyes and I blinked at him.

"Why... Not?" I asked only to watch him clench his jaw.

Geez. I can't talk to anyone?

"Lets exchange seats." Avery demanded as he stood up.

"Now now, Avery, you know you're not supposed to sit too far from your investor." Hazel said from my side and I noticed Avery glare at him before he sat down angrily. "She's yours by contract, fire her for all I care and I'll take her in, maybe even pay her a truck load." I shot a shocked glance at Hazel.

P-Paid more than what Avery could offer!?

"Don't you even dare think about it Iris!" Avery hissed and I glanced at him with a smirk.

Hazel was nice to me. I might consider it.

"Excuse me, I need to leave, thank you all for having me, but I have to catch a  flight. My apologies for not enjoying this meal with you all. Something devastating just came up." The investor Avery was sitting next to said as he stood up and bowed before leaving.

I glanced around the table, only to notice the other investor was also gone. It was just the family and Hazel.

Avery didn't seem to want to escort the investor out who was tuning out the door anyway. Plus, he was still holding onto my arm tighter than before.

"Avery, that really hurts-"

"Why is he here?" Avery asked as he turned his attention to his mother. "Why the hell did you invite him?"

"I didn't." Mrs Bronze shrugged her shoulders as she glanced towards Hazel. "I thought you did."

"Like hell I would." He hissed and I glanced at Avery, a bit unsure why he was so angry. "Tina, was it you?" He asked some woman I didn't notice before, sitting quietly and tapping on her phone.

"I wouldn't bother." She said smoothly, without looking up.

"Then get the fvck out Hazel, no one invited your dumba**." Avery hissed, squeezing his hold even worse to the point I flinched. I glanced towards Hazel who seemed to have frowned a little, almost looking sad and angry at the same time.