30: Jealousy

I stepped outside and stood beside, letting him walk out as well as he closed the door behind us. He glanced down at me and shrugged his shoulders lightly as he raised his brows.

"Why are you giving me that face?" He asked as he stood rather too close to me. I glanced down at the floor and sighed out shakily.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I glanced back up at him. "What do you want?"

"I hate the fact he's here." He said bluntly as he looked into my eyes.

"His my boyfriend... Now, so I guess it's fine-"

"You could literally be with anyone, but you picked him?" He asked as he pointed towards the house. "I fvcking hate it."

"Well I'm sorry if you do. But you have to respect my decisi-"

"That's a stupid decision." He rolled his eyes and shoved his hands into his pockets and sighed out. "You know you're better than that, Iris."

"We just got together. Don't try to break it.... Please." I pleaded in a whisper as I glanced at the floor. I heard him sigh and move a little.

"Do you like him?" He asked and I bit onto my lower lips and nodded my head. "Fine then, if you do, I'll respect whatever you're sharing." He said before reaching out to my face, tilting my chin up with his finger. "Just know he's lying to you." He whispered and before I could ask, he leaned down and plastered his lips on mine. Feeling a sudden pulse, I shut my eyes and enjoyed the feeling. "Don't come to work tomorrow, I have a meeting and you'll distract me. Come back the next day." He said as he leaned back and let go of my chin. "Since you think you like Hazel better, we should keep things professional."

"Okay." I smiled and he turned, walking back to his car.

Things had to go this way.

I sighed and walked back into the house, heading straight for the living room where I left Hazel. He glanced up at me, as though lost in thought. His face completely blank.

"What did he say?" He asked as he watched me intently, sitting next to him.

"He left." I said as I patted his shoulder. "Don't worry about anything...."

"You sure?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around me. "I can count on you right?"

"Sure." I smiled with a small nod of my head. "You can."

***

(Two weeks later)

"Are you okay?" Was the first thing Linda asked as we walked into the elevator. I reached over to tap against the last floor leading to Avery's door number.

Linda had been promoted to become Avery's personal hotel maid since he fired a couple of them since the last two weeks just because he was angry.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I glanced towards her in wonder. "Do I look sick?"

"No." She shrugged her shoulders. "Just wondering of Avery ever slapped you."

"He never did." I sighed as I watched the numbers go up.

"Has he ever asked you out though?" She asked as she let go of her trolley. "He doesn't even seem to put up a fight between you and Hazel that much."

"Avery's been sleeping off with countless girls. I doubt I'm anything special. He rarely looks at me like I attract him." I sighed out and patted my cheeks. "He's just Avery."

"So how are things with Hazel?" She asked as she doors opened. "Is he okay?"

"He's okay." I nodded as we stepped out and into the corridor. "We met my mum a few days back. She actually cried the moment she saw him and even begged him to propose to me.... I felt so embarrassed...." I groaned as I clenched my hair. "She made it seem I was desperate...."

"She kept asking me if you didn't lose him." She chuckled as we stopped at Avery's door. "She seemed so worried."

"She's always worried." I rolled my eyes I knocked against the door. "Can't let me breathe sometimes-"

"Maybe if you learned a little respect for women, you wouldn't be so hated by your own fvcking-" a voice said as the door suddenly swung open, only to stop when her eyes fell on me. It wasn't the orange head from before, but rather a brunette with seemingly large bright blue eyes and bright red lips. She blinked a few times as she stared up at me, looking almost embarrassed as she fixed her blouse into place.

Hm. Yeah, she's just another toy for Avery.

"Oh, Hi." She smiled before walking out and towards the elevator, almost running away.

"He's disgusting...." Linda whispered into my ear as I watched the woman frantically try to tap the elevator to close up in panic as she glanced my way.

Does she know me?

Though she does seem familiar....

"Excuse me, Mr Bronze, May we come in?" Linda asked as I kept my eyes on the woman as the doors slowly closed up until I could no longer stare at her.

"She seems familiar." I whispered into Linda's ear. "I think I know her."

"Come in." I heard Avery say before Linda nodded at me before stepping in. I stepped in as well and automatically shot my glance towards Avery who was just wrapping a towel around himself.

He glanced my way and I rolled my eyes as I cringed my nose in annoyance. Turning my glance to the opposite direction.

"You'll just clean up the mess, Iris, get my schedule checked out. I'm heading to the shower." He said before disappearing into the bathroom. I rolled my eyes once more and walked over to the living room where I spotted his tablet on the glass table.

"His gross." Linda whispered the moment the shower echoed the entire room. "I told you not to trust him."

"And I didn't." I said as I read throughout the entire schedule. Most of which he had to stay home and sort out the financial charts and well, have online conferences with members abroad. "I doubted he would even ask me out." I whispered as I tapped out of the spreadsheet.

"Hazel is the right guy." She said from somewhere in the room but I couldn't shake my mind off the feeling that I was feeling a little jealous.

*******

School is such a bother but we all have to aim hard for it!
Sorry for the slow updates but I will struggle to give you your tea for the day!
Always remember, The revived writer loves you!
Please vote and comment all you want!