38: HAZEL AND AVERY JUST DON'T GET ALONG

We arrived at his house a few minutes later and to say it was huge was an understatement. It was humongous and he lived in it alone!?

No wonder he felt lonely.

I wouldn't mind moving there too.

Most of the walls st the lowest floor were made from clear and black tinted glass. The only thing in sight was the living room and the corridor, the rest was masked by the black glass.

Once the car came to a stop, I got down and gasped at the tallness.

I wish I was this rich.

"Did you build this?" I asked and he shook his head in denial as he got out of the car.

"Dad... My uh... Mr Bronze senior gave it to me before I started my company. Gave me with the money inside it worth a billion at most to use it to start my business of course. Now that we aren't related, his wife made me pay for it. And I did. Nearly ten million." He chuckled and I widened my eyes at him. "Don't worry, I only played five because Mr Bronze cut the sum down for me. He said it was a gift and I didn't need to pay much for it."

"Five million is still a lot." I whined as I glanced at him.

"Not really." He smiled as he walked to me and circled his arms around my shoulders. "I can spoil you if you want. I have enough to make you happy for eternity."

"I don't get spoiled." I smiled as I stared into his eyes. "Unless I like something."

"Good." He chuckled as he laced his fingers with mine, pulling me towards the house. "The maid is really friendly bit awkward when she doesn't talk. She always waits for you to say something before she does. That's how she works. I told her to get a little loose and she simply smiled at me." He explained and I chuckled as we went up the small flight of stairs. "Anyway. Since you're pregnant, don't you think it's time you quit that job?" He asked as we walked into the house. "You need a lot of rest, you know..."

"I can't just vanish." I sighed as I stared at him. "I need to help him find another one for the short term replacement."

"Short-term?" He asked as we walked into a living room with a large TV attached to a stone wall and some soft looking expensive couches. "Aren't you just quitting for good?"

"I can't just do that Hazel. Plus, what will I be doing after?" I asked as we sat down. "Just stay?"

"And raise our kids." He said with pleading eyes, forcing me to look away. "Come-on Iris.... please?"

"You want me to be an indoor wife..."

"If you don't want, you could be my secretary." He said as I felt him massage my shoulder softly. "Huh?"

"I told you about relationships and work."

"Fine, then what do you want?" He asked as he leaned closer to my ear. "Or, you just want to find an excuse to see Avery everyday."

"No!" I gasped as I glared at him while my cheeks suddenly began to burn. "I just want to work."

"But you don't need to. My company is really big, I'm about to go international too." He said as he watched me. "Iris, I know you like Avery somehow, but when you try to keep your job, I get nervous every time I know you're at work. My suspicions that he would try to get to you were right but what if he takes your heart from me? I'll have nothing.... Iris." I watched as he said the words, noticing how deeply scared he was about this and I was also the cause of it.

"Fine, give me a few months to find him another permanent secretary. I'll stop the job and become your secretary. That way you won't feel the way you are." I said and he bit onto his lower lip as he looked away, looking pitiful.

"I'm sorry I'm forcing you out of this but you're the only thing I can't afford to lose Iris. Not to him. He can't have everything I have." He said as he glanced back at me. "I hope you understand."

"Yeah." I smoked slightly and sighed out, running my hands against my jeans. "So, what was Tina talking about at the mall? Is there something you haven't told me?"

"Let's not bring that up. There really isn't anything serious." He smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead. "She's just being her." He said ad he walked out of the living room. "I'll get you something to eat." He said before he left the room, leaving me alone.

My phone suddenly buzzed in my pockets. Pulling it out, I flicked the scream on and it was Avery. He had sent a message. I quickly tapped on it and the messenger opened.

Can we talk?

Do you have time this evening?

I really need to ask you something.

Figures, Tina must have told him.

How on earth will I even leave?

Hazel would rather kill me than have me meet up with Avery.

I'm living with Hazel now. I don't think he'll let me out to see you.

I sighed as I tapped the send button and waited for a moment before it buzzed again.

You sick bastard!

Why!?

You aren't married!

I'm coming over this evening. Don't tell him, he'll lock me out.

Sh*t, you're a fvcking annoying woman, Iris.

What's wrong with you?

You didn't ask if I was okay with you going there.

You'll repay me.

Who's going to tease you when he leaves for work?

Annoying. He sent them within a minute. Each a second later than the other.

Jerk.

I sighed out as I tapped the screen off and leaned into the seat.

Even though I know Avery is a stuck up addict when it comes to women, I can't shake the nervous feeling of seeing him again. Probably for the last time. I can't see him at work if he's coming here. He probably wants to start a fight with Hazel about whatever it is. Obvious Hazel will feel offended that Avery just chose to come out of the blue.

Hazel and Avery just don't get along.

Wait!

I can ask Avery and the conversation will follow.

I can ask him what Hazel is trying to hide. It's a bad thought but Hazel doesn't seem completely open. If Tina didn't say it right then and there, it means they both have secrets they don't want to share with anyone.

I'll find out.

******
Thanks for the support! Please go on with your sincere love for me! I hope you have an awesome day!

Please vote and comment! It really helps bring chapters rolling!