43: Fiancée of two

"Why do I need to-"

"Sh** just say the fvcking story!" Avery hissed and I sighed out at him. Why is he so angry...?

"Fine." Hazel rolled his eyes as he walked over and sat on the bathtub, leaning onto his knees as he glanced from us to the wall in front of him. "Most of what he said was true." He cleared his throat as he bit onto his lower lip. "I regret being rude and insensitive when I was young, that's why I wanted to get closer now and I even apologised to you and the rest but you turned the other way." His eyes landed instantly on Avery. "You wouldn't even accept my apology even if I knelt for it. All you wanted was to get rid of me. So I stopped apologizing and decided to just live my way and hope you'd consider me. It was harsh living that way, then I met Maggie, a really gorgeous woman with orange hair and always smiled despite the odds. She was perfect, in the beginning. We were really happy until one day.... She got pregnant, behind my back and aborted. I found out the moment I caught her with Avery and I was so angry that I thought she was carrying Avery's child. But it was of some other man I didn't even know. She had a long list of men she was dating and she wasn't even planning on staying with me in the end. She wanted to leave me for some richer man. That's why I got that angry that night and lost my temper. I didn't mean to kill her.... It just happened by mistake...." He reached his hand to his eyes and began to wipe off the tears that were probably forming. "Fvck... I really loved her." He sighed out shakily. "Avery was just the closest man she had that I could release all my anger onto. I knew he had zero interest in her but because he was my brother, I couldn't stand it. Maybe I was wrong for not telling him, but now that I was fully open that I was with Iris, he still does the same freaking thing!"

"Oh go fvck yourself!" Avery hissed and I frowned at them both.

Well they have pretty sad stories.

"Both of you just shut up." I sighed and stroked my forehead. "Well I'm also guilty, I mean, I cheated so... I mean, I'm evil too, in a sense." I clicked my tongue when both their eyes stared intensively at me. "But we still have to make a choice. For Avery.... Well you're married, what will your family think?"

"My sister really likes you, not my current wife. My mother doesn't like her but she seems to accept you. My father's fond of you in a way and when he saw how comfortable I was around you, he didn't say a thing. So I guess they're fine with it. Plus she probably knows I cheat on her, a lot. Bit like I said, our relationship is purely business." He shrugged his shoulder and bit his lower lip as he stared into my eyes.

"There isn't supposed to be a choice here, Iris, why are you putting him in what we have?" Hazel asked as he stood up. "You're not fair."

"I can't exclude him if it's his." I shrugged my shoulder slightly.

"Damn...." Hazel sighed out as he got up. "Why should he get what he wants all the time?"

"Hazel-"

"Even if you hate my very existence, this time I won't let you get away." Avery stood up from where he was and shoved his hands into his pants pockets. "I like feeling the way my heart will explode every time I see Iris, I won't let this one slide. Because she's carrying my child."

"Go fvck yourself, Avery." Hazel rolled his eyes and glanced towards me. "Let's go to bed, Iris."

"She has to eat something at least." Avery said as he suddenly reached down and laced our fingers once I got up. "She took it all out."

"Avery, don't forget she's my fian-"

"Mine too." Avery said as he pulled me towards the door. "Up until we see who wins." He whispered under his voice as we passed Hazel whom I noticed clenched his jaw and shot his eyes towards the ground.

I wish I had never done this....