Goodbye

Today the world was quiet. Not even the gusts of wind seemed to make any noise for the candy citizens. Everyone stood in silence, all eyes on the Princess. No one knew what to say or do so they just stayed back. Finn was the only one who stood close to her but even he said nothing. He looked over to Jake for some sort of help but found him slowly rocking Lady in his arms and knew not to interrupt. The citizens where shocked to see their Princess like she was now. They were all surprised she hadn't burst into tears.
'Be strong' She thought to herself as she but her lip.
Finn chewed on the inside of his cheek, looking down, kicking the dirt. Another gust blew in and caused a few water drops to fall against his arm. He gave a small sound of surprise and looked up at the Princess.
"Prin... cess?" Finn asked softly and noticed her trembling. A sob rang out, hard and loud as the Princess fell to her knees, clutching at her heart. "Princess!!" Finn lurched forward to try and catch her but was stopped but her hand being held up.
"Don't touch me..." She requested softly, tears visibly falling to the dry earth. Her sobs got harder and more heart breaking as she just say there on her knees. She looked up at the white marble plaque in front of her.

Marceline Abadeer
Beloved Daughter, Queen, and Friend
From: XX/XX/XXXX
To: XX/XX/XXXX
May She Rest In Peace

'Why did she have to go and save us all!? Didn't she know I couldn't live without her?!' The princess mentally screamed at herself. She reached forward and slowly stroked the plaque.
After a while the citizens began to disperse. The sun began to sink and Bonnibel knew that the vampires would be coming soon to say their goodbyes. She mentally prepared herself to be the best host she could, regardless of the situation. In no time, the band members, her father, and some of the vampire clan showed up. Keila just stood there with tears in her eyes. Bongo and Guy tried to act strong, the tears clearly being held down. Ash was somewhere in the distance, arms crossed, leaning against a tree. The vampires were silent in reverence for their fallen queen. Her father just stood there, not a single ounce of sadness in his face. No longer than 5 minutes later, he made his retreat muttering he had business to attend to. Keila slowly walked up to Bonnibel and whispered something into her ear. Bonnie nodded and Keila have a signal to Guy and Bongo. They began to play a soft song, and Keila began to sing.

'We're crying for a friend,
That's gone to paradise,
To never return.
We're going to miss her,
Goodbye friend.
Beloved friend.
She's leaving a hole inside us,
That we feel in our hearts,
With just the memories.
Days won't be the same anymore.
Beloved friend.
It's been difficult to bear this blow to the heart.
How can we accept this reality over all this pain?
These tears are for a friend that left us today!
That got a head start on the journey!
That god decided to have her with him.
She'll sing up there,
Like she did yesterday!
These tears are for a friend that left us today!
Because that's how life is, that's destiny!
Every victory, every cheer, is hers too.
And these tears are, from remembering her.
The friend that left us today...'

Who ever wasn't in tears before, was now as Keila's voice faded. Bonnie had her hand pressed to her mouth to stop her sobs from ruining the song. She went up to Keila and threw her arms around the surprised girl and sobbed into her shoulder. Keila returned the gesture and lifted Bonnie, flying over to her kingdom and through her window, laying her down on her soft pink bed. Keila rummaged through her drawers and picked out some clothes as well as Marceline's shirt that Bonnie used as new pyjamas since she gave her old one to Maja in exchange for Hambo. Keila dutifully tugged off the girls jeans and slid on the pants, pulling off the shirt and sliding Marceline's over the pink girls head. Keila reached into her sack and pulled out Hambo and placed it in the sleeping Princess's arms. She wrote a quick note and left.

The next morning, the Princess woke up and felt something in her arms. She opened her eyes to find Hambo in them, and held him close to her chest. She had dissed him before but was glad to see him this time around. She felt the small note and picked it up, rubbing her eyes to be able to see it.

'You know she always loved you right? She never stopped talking about you. I thought Mar-Mar would've liked for you to have Hambo. Take care of him. You have no idea how much Mar-Mar loved him because she always thought of him being y'all's baby (cuz he's pink and stuff like you). Keep him safe.
~Keila'

Bonnie hugged Hambo tighter. Their baby. Soft tears fell onto her pillow. Hambo would make her stay strong now. And maybe someday she would be okay.