I Won't Give Up

"Marcy!" Bonnie exclaimed as she saw the dark haired girl at her door.

"Hey Bon. You called?" Marceline smiled slightly, her white gang peeking out from under her lip.

"Yes, indeed I did. I need your help with an experiment." Bonnie moved out of the way and motioned for Marceline to come in. Once she did, she closed the door and locked it.

"Sure. What do ya need me to do?" Marceline floated in the air, hands behind her head.

"You're just going to lay down while I inject you with this serum and go to sleep afterwards." Bonnie explained as she held a syringe with a weird yellow liquid.

"Hate to break it to you Bon but I don't sleep. I'm a super cool vampire remember?" Said Marceline as she picked at her nails. She was trying so hard to keep her cool but the thought of Bonnie watching the vampire sleep, even though she couldn't, made the vampire want to blush.

"Oh darn. I forgot! Sorry I haven't slept for a solid 3 days. Well since you're here could you help me by taking notes while I sleep with the serum?" Bonnie was oblivious to the struggle the vampire was having between kissing the girl in front of her and flying out the window.

"Sure Bon. Anything you need." The vampire did a little victory dance inside her mind at getting to watch the younger girl sleep.

"Okay. Just let me lay down and I'll tell you when to inject the serum." Marceline nodded and watched as Bonnie climbed on to the lab bed and motioned Marceline forward, placing the syringe in her hand. "Okay, inject it right here." Bonnie pointed at the exact location and Marceline did what she was told. After about 30 minutes of trying to sleep, the princess found that she couldn't. She gave a sigh of frustration.

"Want me to song you a song?" Marcy suggested.

"I wouldn't want to bother you."

"It'd be nothing. I love to sing anyway."

"Okay, just not anything too distasteful."

"I promise." Marceline grinned and reached for her ax bass that she carried everywhere and began to play. The soft melody was soon accompanied by her gentle words.

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, still looking up.

Well, I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

When the vampire was done, she felt tears in her eyes. In a sudden stroke of honesty she said 3 words that she never thought would have meaning to her.

"I love you." They slipped out and Marceline blushed. She looked down at the pink girl who was fighting hard to keep her eyes open.

"I lo-....." Her head fell gently to the side as she fell into a deep sleep.

"I can't wait for the day to hear you finish that sentence." The vampire stroked the younger girls cheek and smiled. She leaned down and kissed her forehead and began jotting down notes. Someday, she would hear what she wanted to hear. And she knew it would mean the world to her. She was far from giving up.

(A/N: sorry sorry sorry. Life is busy. I wrote this quicky. I plan on doing one for Vauseman too. Thanks for your patience.)