A Mexican Party

Bonnie felt nervous as they headed towards the Mexican Food Kingdom ball. She knew that she wouldn't be able to dance to the music because is was music from when Hispanic humans were still around. No matter how much she studied about them, they had no real instructions on how to dance their songs. She flew on Lady's back through the darkening sky and remembered how the last time she tried to learn, she nearly killed the poor taco man. She got lost in her thoughts and jumped as she felt a set of arms slither around her.

"Eeep!" Squealed Bonnie. A low chuckle was heard.

"Don't worry Bon. It's just me." Marceline's voice said gently.

"You scared me." Bonnie let out a shaky breath and it caused Marceline to laugh more.

"Where are you headed?" She floated infront of Bonnie and took a seat on lady.

"The Mexican Food Kingdom. They're having a ball to introduce the newest heir, Prince Tamale." Explained Bonnie, feeling weird for having explained her reasons of going to the brunette.

"Sounds fun. You look nervous though." If anybody knew her, it would be Marceline.

"It's just that I don't know how to dance. And I'll probably be expected to dance tonight. I wouldn't want to seem rude." Bonnie said quietly.

"Well I know how to. You could've asked me." Marceline smirked.

"You do?! Well it's too late anyway. I just need to stay hidden until the end of the party. Or I could always fake an injury." Bonnie looked into the infinite sky in thought of how to get out of dancing.

"Or, you could always be my dance partner." Bonnie's eyes snapped towards Marceline who was grinning. She bit her lip but nodded slowly, knowing Marceline wouldn't let her down.

"Wait, how do you know how to dance this?" Bonnie was curious.

"Ive been around for a long time Bon." Marceline replied easily.

"Oh." Was all Bonnie could say. An awkward silence filled the air. After about 5 minutes, you could see pulsing lights and hear the steady drumming of music. Bonnie felt butterflies on the pit of her stomach. God, this was gonna suck. Lady landed, letting Bonnie slide off her and Marceline float off. She said something in Korean to which Bonnie responded she would call her when she was ready to leave. Lady nodded and left, probably to see Jake. Marceline looked over their clothes.

"Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaa, we need to change. Hold on." Marceline floated off and returned with some clothes. She handed Bonnie an outfit and told her to change. They found a nearby restroom to change in. She did as she was told and then just stared at her reflexion. She was in some pink and black cowgirl boots that were up to her lower calves with a pink feminine hat, light blue jeans, and a black slim fitting t-shirt. She stepped out of the bathroom and was slightly scared by the deep clicking the heels of the boots made. She walked out and eyed Marceline who smirked. "Looking good cowgirl. Just one little detail." She came around and made Bonnie's hair into a pony tail. "There! Now it's my turn to change." Marceline floated into the restroom. Bonnie waiting anxiously. Soon Marceline stepped out. She was in some black boots that were up to her mid calves. She was wearing some dark blue jeans with a deep blood red button up, the top three buttons undone, exposing the tiniest glimpse of her bra. Her hat was completely black with a deep maroon feather attached to the side to match the long sleeve shirt, her hair also un a low pony tail. (Idk where you all are from but where I am from (or atleast my parents are I was born in the U.S.) this is how they dress. The girls dress like Bonnie and the guys like Marcy. Matamoros Tamaulipas!)

"Wow." Was all Bonnie could process at the moment as she saw her.

"Ready?" Marcy stuck her arm out to let Bonnie loop hers through but she just looked at her confused. "Don't worry Bon, it's customary to walk in like this with your date." She wagged her eyebrows at the word 'date' and Bonnie blushed. She eventually complied and they walked in. When they first walked through, people looked at them but soon turned back to their previous conversations. Bonnie sighed in relief, looking around and noticing that most people were dressed similar to them. Marceline chuckled. "Told ya kid." Marceline guided them towards an empty table and helped Bonnie sit before taking the seat to her right. Bonnie frowned people sat to her left all the time.