9 - yellow and red ..

once gone and out of sight arthur let his shoulders drop for a moment , taking the time that he had to walk back towards his chambers to let his mind buzz so it could settle arthur let out a small sigh .

he felt one weight off his shoulders for the time being , hoping everything else could just fall into place as they had suggested though he wasn't sure if things had been resolved or made more complicated .

merlin made his way around a corner he stops in his tracks — realising hed of left ones pair of boots , amongst other things - cursing to himself yet decides to leave it aside for now , as nothing but a small curve sat at his lips as he reaches giaus -
straight up passing him && stumbles his way to his bed , sure his own mind began to ponder . as if he wished the other was with him in the current moment ,, as if there was a time when he didn't .

the raven haired boy simply sat himself down after he shut the door behind him , tugging off his boots before his gaze fell to his lap , or moreso his hands , joints tender , in a way almost forgotten , as there was a time whered they move so freely , brows stitching together .

why now — why was he back now - sure he knew at whatever cost hed do what it took to protect him and there was no question as to it . but he couldn't help but feel that fear crawl up as to what would happen - or as to what was coming , ever since his gaze set on him it lingered in his mind , no matter what else was .
yet shaking his head , he just sighs , slowly lying down as his knees tuck somewhat to his chest

upon arthurs return he was greeted by Guinevere which held no surprise to him . her questions of how his walk had been was merely a kind thing to do,,
despite their respective differences now they still worked as one , dancing around each other as each cleaned up and got ready for bed though in the end they both settled, still sharing the same bed for now .

despite it all Arthur's mind drifted to merlin , the good and the bad . . . right and wrong . he couldn't have second thoughts about his surety over it all but as he listened to the even breathing of the sweet girl beside him guilt still pulled at him .

after all she had done for him, all he had done to her . . could he really let that go? What place would she have then ?

A soft sigh left his lips as he settled to at least try and get some sleep . tomorrow marked his third day back and the day arthur decided to force himself back into it all and face reality .

he gave himself two days but he had meetings to attend , training to lead it was time to come back. though he was thankful for said little tasks to keep him busy . with the threats that hung heavy over his head three years ago long gone arthur felt calm . . at peace with the ability to turn his attention fully towards his people once more . all those he mistrusted were gone now . . dead along with the threat his half sister had placed over Camelot . For a brief moment Arthur found himself lax , shoulders not so heavy even with the smallest smile . . it felt good to be alive once again.

———-

his blue hues sat at the stone wall , hand tucking under his pillow once hed of tugged his sheets over him , one thing after another coming to his mind until it sets to the one thing he really cared about - the fact that he loved him back was all that mattered at this point , just - knowing he cared more than he thought , it was good enough for him , heck the other breathing was good enough for him at this point . sure he was confused about it all ,, maybe hed need to talk to an old friend about it all , as hed know more than anyone on the grounds , making a note in his mind he tells himself that he would when he had the chance or as to when the time was right
. eyes slowly fought him as he fell into an unconscious state , hoping nothing bad would come ahead of the days to come .