10 - the usual day

his manservant sighs , as the blonde pretty much was one , in more ways than another , or at least hed like to think so , as he only smiled , remaining quiet && fumbles around simply cleaning up , along with making ones bed , eyes fixed on him as he watched him walk his way down

the other calling his name caused him to snap his full attention , brows raising slightly .

his smile only grew , nodding to him before he left , yet it fades as he realises where he stood , quickly gathering the tray of plates from the previous night along with ones clothes before making his way out himself

arthur allowed this smile to linger for a moment , the initial action having faded but the feeling still lingered .

the slight happiness he felt when teasing the other never beat anything else .

though the king snapped to attention once he passed into the view of his guards , the knights and ones in training awaiting for him down below in the training grounds to which he had a part to play , serious in all ways for the most part though he never liked it when others were intimidated by him not his people at least .

merlin moving quickly through the halls , humming to himself , if anything day seeming to go better than he thought it would , the sun was out , birds were chirping , as there was no question hed go for a walk later and even gather flowers ,

but not because one asked, no but because he wanted to .

yet he turns his attention toward what was in his arms and sets the tray in the kitchen before proceeding to find the blonde to help when needed and that he wouldn't have to yell across the kingdom for him

A nice breeze blew through to the grounds, enough to where the sun didn't warm them too much but not enough to cause a chill. Grass beneath his boots making a small sound as if tracking his own steps. The king stepped forth to oversee the commands as he made his way to the front he pulled his sword and gave it a small twirl.

Yet another thing that felt so familiar but gave him a feel of missing it as though he'd been away from awhile.

his hands weave behind his back as he ducked through the halls , once reaching the grounds , he heads his way down && let his gaze cast around , walking ahead , yet its not until it sets to the blonde , he almost stops in his tracks , lips curling up into a smile without even realising it . standing straight as he reaches him , small tilt falling to his head " careful there don't want you poking an eye out - " he mumbles softly he didn't want to startle him , while also attempting to joke .

the blondes attention turns towards the mumbled voice, a small smile curling at the corner of his lip as he turned to nudge the dull blade against the others leg." Shut up I'm not that rusty."
Just to show off slightly he twirled his sword in his hand before sticking it against the ground with a small hum." merlin ... pick up the shield."

" yeah - ill be the judge of that - " his brows raise at the others comment , smiling back without question . blue hues narrowing somewhat && boy was he tempted to use his magic on the other this moment in time - yet falls against it , jumping out of his thoughts as the other spoke , turning on his heels , simply doing as hes told && grabs the familiar object , ". . dont tell me were doing target practice - "

" will  you? what you finally learn a thing or two about swordsmanship while i was gone?" At the others words a wide yet smug grin slowly curled up on his lips as he poked the shield with his dull blade.

" you know i was going to do some blocking but i changed my mind , target practice sounds better and we've even for ourselves the perfect target . .