12 - it suits you .

" .. even after all these years ? finally sick of it , huh - " he huffed a laugh , a small shake falling to his head , all the little things he'd over think , that was just the way he was

" even after all these years . " he repeated , trying to hide the small smile on his lips as he thought it over .

merlin hadn't changed a bit and he was perfectly okay with that, he didn't want the other to change a thing .

" .. well - you know how you mentioned leaving the grounds - to gather things for giaus that he cant get here — ? "
he shifted a little as he faced the other himself " its just - i was wondering if i could go , perhaps tomorrow .. maybe - or - its not like you have to come if your busy with being back and all .. he was just - onto me about it earlier - "

at this arthur stopped a little on the trail and faced him fully .

" oh , right yes you should, if gaius needs them then of course you can . . i'll just have . . geroge take your duty for the days you are gone . . "
he was not fond of the idea of being without merlin for a few days , not only because the temporary help was more annoying than merlin but for the fact merlin would be gone .
  " how long will you be gone exactly . . ? "

he really couldn't believe it himself , how long itd of been , since theyd of met , nor since itd of happened && he had to let him go , to the point where he got him back && now - of any time in the world . he hadn't changed either , maybe to a better person but .. that was one of many reasons as to why he even loved him

" i - hes not .. uh - " laughing slightly he sighs , arms slowly crossing over his chest " id be back by sunrise .. one day at the most ,, not long - " his gaze fell , hating the thought of even being separated from the other , thinking for a moment " now .. if you really cant last a day without me .. there this spot - id like to show you .. along the way - that is if you .. came .. but uh - "

relief flooded his systems hearing he'd only be gone a day though his eyes rolled at the comment , arms moving to mimic the way his were crossed .
  " i am perfectly capable of surviving on my own . . " at his next words blue eyes studied him for a moment .
  " spot ?" merlin was giving him the option to come along . .

clearing his throat arthur nodded , shifting in his stance . " no right , obviously you won't be able to handle yourself out there without tripping and hitting your head so , ill come with you and you can show me this . . spot or whatever it is . "

his lips tucked up into a small smile , knowing what he was like , he really did question how long hed last .. but as if hed leave him for long , not after what theyd of been through .

" i - im not as clumsy as i look scuse you - " deep down , it really was just an excuse to spend time with him , being back and all , he wanted time to himself beside the blonde , where they wouldn't have to worry , about anyone else but him , " .. its just - somewhere i used to go - i think you'll like it is all - "

" that's coming from the one who once supposedly tripped over a root and knocked himself out ." he replied accusingly but he wasn't complaining really , just enough to make his excuse believable .

" i - " his eyes fell shut for a moment as he somewhat laughed " .. im surprised you still remember that - i have my reasons for it .. shut up ,, " maybe he was right , in one way or another,, but that wasn't the point -

" course i remember , you would fall all the time how could i forget ? " he chuckled lowly with a shake of his head." I'm sure you do, whatever reason I could think of for being so clumsy."

" very well , i'm sure i will , we can head out tomorrow . " the thought of being away from the watchful eye felt better than it should but the excuse was laid out . . . believed or not." let's pick your flowers."