11 - tying ends

"No but you have dreamt of it yes? Oh shut up merlin you know I would just kill the crops." Arthur wondered if he had been a simple man would they run off together... would it have been possible for them to be together.

" .. always do - " the brunette admitted , as he did question what life would be like if it was any different . he cant help but chuckle slightly , " id teach you .. in the end its not that hard - that is if youd have the patience - " maybe someday , at least the small things , being able to change more than they thought they could .

"how often do you dream of us running off together ? "

he questioned with a raised eyebrow before letting out a scoff." the patience to watch crops grow ? " his crinkle of his should've been answer enough but of course he had to be vocal." I could think of far better things to do."

he almost froze , gaze dropping for a moment with a shake to the head " ... i - doesn't matter - " probably more times than he could count , he had to move on about it anyways , as you dont always get what you want ..

focusing quickly back on the training he grinned slightly, drawing Merlins sword back in a circular motion as he stepped back." See- that wasn't so hard now was it?... block right." He commanded and struck on the right side with a grunt

blue hues are fixed on the blades , if anything more focused on the not so sharp objects than the blonde , relying on his instincts if anything , only shifting what he had in his hands to the other side when hes told , fixing his stance slightly " .. i hate you so much , right now - " he mumbles under his breath .

arthur applied pressure to the block as he leaned in closer to merlin, his gaze sharp and focused but slightly glazed with something hidden as he smirked." are you getting angry merlin ? not my fault you're terrible at this . "

he nudged him back slightly and pulled his sword back with a small flick of his wrist." now. block forewords." he waited this time, sword raised and ready for his actions." Try a strike."

" yes , patience - something you need to bloody gain - " his lips tucked up into a smile , " like what ? banter at me all day , telling me im doing it wrong ? "

as the blonde shifted closer , his own blue hues shifted , gulping slightly , almost as if wanting to close the gap ,
the tension .. ringing on him like white noise .

snapping out of his thoughts as he spoke , simply rolling his eyes . " no i just - i dont train ... at all .. like you - " standing still in a way he just shook his head " you've got to be kidding me .. i - why am i the opponent here ? what about one of the other knights ? " in a way .. he was spending time with him , and at this point , thats all he really cared about .

"It does matter."

he mumbled, eyes scanning the others face for a moment picking the key changes only to let it fall away a moment later. shaking off whatever he was thinking the blonde rolled his eyes.

" do we have to talk about this now ? " his brows stitch together with a sigh . for merlin it just .. didnt feel like the place too , didn't really know why , his gaze hesitant for a moment

" well if you'd do them right i wouldn't have to tell you."

arthur realized how closed they were a moment later , his eyes trying to remain in contact but they drifted much to his efforts- down his cheekbones to his lips then back up quickly to catch what he was saying.

he dropped the position and backed up a bit with a heavy sigh, waving his hand accusingly at merlin." because i wanted to train with you. so I am training with you."