Chapter Eighteen

Next Day Hospital
"You kidding," Evan chuckled as Ike rolled his eyes.

"Charlie," Daisy called out as the room door opened. The Harrison family smiled at the blond haired woman stepping into the room. Picking up the six year old, Charlie smiled at her.

"Hi," Charlie smiled at everyone, until she looked directly at Ike. "I sort of brought you these. I didn't know what to bring, to be honest."

Ike chuckled as she handed him the flowers.

"Maybe I should blush," Ike teased as he sat up a bit straighter. Charlie glanced down, smiling. It made Elisa cock her head slightly. There was something Charlie needed to say.

"I guess I stopped by to say goodbye," Charlie looked at them. The silence made Charlie look down again. Focusing her attention to Evan, she continued. "You asked me what I was going to do. I need to clean up this mess... make the program how it use to be.... so I'm rebooting my father's original network. It should take me a long time knowing that there are plenty of departments out there who won't trust it anymore but it's the right thing to do."

"I'm glad," Chris stood up, walking towards her with his hand out. "It was a pleasure."

Evan looked over at Ike's numb expression.

"Where- where are you going," Ike asked.

"Back to California," Charlie nodded. "I don't know.. I think I might come to New York once I get everything settled. I sort of liked it here."

"I'm gonna miss you," Daisy hugged Charlie again. Pressing her hand against Daisy's back, Charlie hugged her tightly. "Baker."

"You better stay out of trouble Ponch," Charlie smiled at her.

"What do you mean? I'm Ponch. I always get into trouble," Daisy scoffed. Her comment caused everyone to laugh.

"We are though," Aubrey stepped forward, hugging Charlie. "You are a good person."

Smiling at her, Charlie approached Evan to shake his hand.

"Bye Ike," Charlie held out her hand, allowing him to shake it.

"Bye Charlie," Ike whispered as she backed up towards the door. She took one final look at the family before stepping out.

Ten Months Later- New York
It had taken Charlie little over ten months to get her network up and running. It was hard but worth the work. Now the police networks were operational on a whole new level. Processing, files, case notes were all exceptionally impeccable. Leaving Peter in charge of the network on the west coast with his wife, Charlie was free. Finally, she was able to head back to New York to start her work on the East Coast.

"I said that I needed those computers up and running yesterday," Charlie pointed. "Come on!"

Her employees scrambled about, trying to get the job done. Shaking her head at them, Charlie walked through her building, on her way to her office.

"BAKER," a familiar voice yelled. Charlie gasped, turning around to see Daisy running for her.

"Daisy," Charlie laughed, getting on her knees to hug her. "Oh wait! I'm sorry, Poncherello."

Laughing, Daisy looked at her.

"You said you'd call when you'd get back."

"I just moved back... how did you-," Charlie looked up to see Ike making his way towards her, cracking a grin. "Ike!"

Charlie couldn't help but smile back at him. Hugging him tightly, Charlie closed her eyes to the familiar embrace.

"How did you even know I was back," Charlie exclaimed as she looked at him and back down at Daisy. "I just got in town this weekend."

"I knew a friend who was good with computers," he smirked.

"Oh my gosh are you stalking me?"

"That sounded more normal in my head," Ike thought.

"Oh, it's great to see you guys," Charlie looked down at Daisy. "How's the family?"

"We wanted to invite you! It's grandpa and grandmas anniversary," Daisy squealed.

"We were on our way to get some presents for the party tonight. Would you like to come?"

"I would love to," Charlie smiled.

"Want Uncle Ike to pick you up," Daisy asked. Ike and Charlie laughed, looking down at her. Taking Daisy's hand, Ike smiled at Charlie.

"Want Uncle Ike to pick you up," he teased.

"Sure," she nodded. "I'd love to."