Chapter Sixteen

"Here-," Evan and Ike froze in their tracks when they came across the bomb. "Ike?"

"I've-," Ike shook at his head, seeing the complexity of the bomb. It was like nothing he had ever handled back in LA. Swallowing, Ike inhaled a shaky breath. "Mom, Evan-?"

"I'm not leaving you," Evan exclaimed, feeling his mother's hand on his arm. "We aren't."

"This isn't time to play hero," Ike looked back at them. "Please, get as far away from here are you two can."

"Ike, what are we going to do," Elisa questioned, taking a step forward. The determination on her face was the same one Ike was use to seeing on Lucas. Biting down on his jaw, Ike glanced back at the bomb. 

"I need you to get people as far away from here as possible. Move them to the farthest part of the ballroom," Ike ordered his mother. "Evan, you need to make sure no one gets in here."

Nodding, the two went to their posts. 

"Charlie," Aubrey yelled as she saw Denise coming around the corner. Gasping, Charlie thrusted her arm out, hitting Denise right on the chest. The speed and force of Charlie's fist caused Denise to flop to the ground. Immediately, Charlie began searching for something in Denise's pockets.

"Come on," Charlie held her hand out towards Daisy. Daisy ran by the unconscious Denise, scrunching her nose. Pulling her leg back to kick her, Daisy was about to hit her when Aubrey picked her up.

"Oh no you don't," Aubrey shook her head. As they ran out of the precinct, they stood outside. "We don't have a car."

"Well," Charlie stared at the parked cop car. Aubrey shook her head, wondering where this girl came from. "Don't ask."

"Charlie," Aubrey stopped by grabbing her arm. "What are you going to do?"

"I need to get to that building. The only way to stop that bomb is with this," Charlie held up a small key. "I don't know what Aaron did but there isn't a single cop or firefighter there. I need you and Daisy to go and get us some back up."

"Mom! Are we going to go get Gatraer," Daisy gripped her fist into her mother's dress. "We get to go get the back up! Lets go!"

Smiling down at her, Charlie couldn't help but laugh.

"You go get them Ponch," Charlie winked, taking off in the opposite direction.

"You got it," Evan asked, glancing back at Ike who yanked off his jacket to get better maneuverability. "Ike?"

"It's one of the oldest bombs I've been," Ike wiped his sweaty forehead. "This thing has trip wires everywhere." 

Evan took several steps back to get a look for himself. He had never been part of the bomb squad and never wished to be part of it. Knowing that the lives of hundreds of officers laid in Ike's hands was something Evan would never think he would be ready for. 

"Evan," Ike glanced over at him. "Go check on Mom."

"Ike-."

"NOW EVAN!" Nodding, Evan ran off.

Out of breathe, Charlie pressed her hands up against the glass door. The loud noise caused the people from the inside come towards her. 

"No wait," Charlie raised her hands. "Stop! I need to try to-."

Taking several steps back, she looked at the ground for a manhole cover. If she could manage to use the sewers, perhaps it could give her a way inside.