Chapter Eight

"No, of course not," Sousa replied as Denise keep typing on the computer. "I mean all our files are uploaded and saved. Why would anyone bother in deleting files?"

"Dad," Evan sticked his head into the conference room. Chris held up his hand to Evan, not bothering to look at him. "Chief?"

Aaron observed Evan's strange gaze towards him. Cocking his head slightly, Aaron watched as the Chief excused himself to join Evan. Patting Chris's shoulder, Aaron said that he needed to tend to a phone call.

"What is it," Chief asked as Evan pulled him into Ike's office. "Evan?"

"I don't trust Aaron," he kept his voice low as he walked over to his desk. "I don't Chief."

"Evan, on what grounds?"

"He doesn't know a thing about computers," Evan whispered. "Why would he be at the top of a computer industry if he doesn't know about computers? One, it's Denise the one in charge of the entire company, not Aaron. I found out there was a software created in the 90s by a man named Frank Bryant. Bryant created a software to counteract Aaron's network."

"Kid, that could just be-."

"I know, revenge right? No," Aaron shook his head. "That man was trying to destroy that network because Aaron had stolen it from him."

"You're telling me Aaron stole a computer network?"

"Yes," Evan glanced out the door, trying to find where Aaron had gone to. "Now why would he do that?"

"I-," Sousa thought to himself. Evan did make a very qualifying point... what was he suppose to say. "Just keep a look out, okay?"

"I will sir."

"And your brother?"

"I wanted to ask you the same thing. I haven't heard anything from him."

"Oh, he'll call soon."

Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
"Yes, please," Charlie gazed at the pizza in front of her. "Can you give me some more parmesan?"

Ike chuckled when he heard her saying that, turning his back to her. He picked up the phone at the phone booth, dialing Evan. Ike didn't realize how much he missed the sound of his brother's voice until he heard it on the other end.
"Evan?"

"IKE! Oh my god, man! Why haven't you called?"

"Evan, we ran into a bit of a-," Ike stopped when he heard a voice continuing talking. It was his own voice but it wasn't him, personally.

"Of a problem," the voice chuckled. "Car trouble."

"Car trouble? You took the plane."

"That's the point. Got my wallet stolen. I managed to get some money to rent a car," the voice continued.

"Ike," Charlie cocked her head, holding her pizza in her hand. "What's-?"

Ike held the phone out for both of them to hear. Charlie leaned in slightly, hearing Ike's voice speaking to the man on the other end.

"Why didn't you call me? I could have wired you some money too but that doesn't matter now. You need to get back soon. Aaron is here again... I don't know what they are doing right now but I don't like this one bit."

"I wasn't going back."

"What?"

"I was heading back to California. I can't handle our father... I don't want to go through with this."

"You're dropping the case?!"

"So what? Why would you care?"

"Because I do care!"