Chapter Four

"I'm going to have to get to the bottom of this," Aaron stood up. It had been two days since the strange message flashed on the computers. "I can't do that here. I need to get back to St.Louis."

Chris glanced over at him, nodding.

"Would you care to join me," Aaron glanced over at Ike. "Since you seem to know a thing or two? I could use the police clearance as well."

"Me? Come with you," Ike questioned. Evan didn't mind his skepticism, knowing that both men didn't seem very fond of one another.

"We can be two reasonable adults," Aaron offered. "Perhaps it could help you with your computer case."

Jerking his head slightly, Ike looked over at his father. How could he have told Aaron about his case? Where was the discretion? Actually... why was he surprised?

"Sure," Ike nodded.

"Good, we leave in an hour. Excuse me gentlemen," Aaron smiled at Chris and Evan. "It was great seeing you."

"It was great seeing you as well," Chris smiled as Aaron stepped out of the office. Chris turned his attention to Ike who stood up. "You're going?"

"Yeah," Ike nodded, taking his briefcase. Without a goodbye, Ike stepped out. Evan hated himself for leaving his father but he needed to talk to Ike. He never realized how fast he seemed to move until he got outside. Evan had completely lost sight of Ike.

"Wh-," Ike opened his apartment door. "Oh. Come in."

Evan stepped in, shutting the door behind him. Ike walked back into his room, tossing his clothes into his duffle bag.

"Evan, if you have something to say, just say it." Smiling, he chuckled at the fact of how familiar his father and Ike were. "Evan? What's up man?"

"I feel like I should go with you," Evan watched Ike walk out of the bedroom.

"I'll be fine," Ike grabbed his sweatshirt. "You should take care of dad. I've managed to handle myself on my own pretty well."

"Yeah but you're not alone anymore," Evan reminded him. "I don't feel- gosh dang it. My gut says that I shouldn't leave you!"

Smiling at him, Ike turned around. Stealing his catchphrases, now are we? Smirking, he shook his head.

"I'll call you once I land," Ike patted his arm. "I'll keep you updated okay? If I don't call within every eight hours, something's up? Can we do that?"

"Sure," he nodded, looking down. Ike cupped his hand behind his brother's neck, making him look at him. Evan finally looked at the familiar smiling eyes.

"You're a great cop," Ike stated with the proudest smile. "You've done a lot these past six years and you have no idea how proud I am of you. Both as a cop and a family man."

"Thank you," Evan nodded. Ike patted his neck before taking a step back to grab his duffel bag. "Be careful, please?"

"Since when haven't I," Ike smirked.

"Let's see-."

"That doesn't count," Ike exclaimed, pointing at him. Laughing, Evan followed his brother out the door and for the main road.

St.Louis, Missouri
"Welcome to our building," a beautiful woman smiled at Ike as Aaron and him walked through the doors.

"Ike, this is my daughter Denise," Aaron held his hand out towards her. "Denise, Officer Ike Harrison."

"Pleasure," she grinned. Ike returned the smile, following the both of them through the modern building. It reminded him a lot of New York for some reason. It could be how the building was... a lot of light flooding in, the tall windows and doors. The further they moved up, the more expensive everything seemed.