Summer Part 1 (Yue)

I can feel the excitement rush through me as the luxury car I'm sitting in turns into the big gates in front of the most amazing mansion I have ever laid eyes on

I can feel the excitement rush through me as the luxury car I'm sitting in turns into the big gates in front of the most amazing mansion I have ever laid eyes on. I have been invited to spend the summer vacation with my best friend Wang Zi Wei. We both attend an elite all girls' boarding school in Shanghai which is where we met at the beginning of the school year. I am not as privileged as Wang Zi Wei...I've studied hard all my life blessed with exceptional intellect, and that has led me to win a full ride scholarship to the school. I'm originally from the Guizhou province where I live with my single mother. She works in an office building in the human resources department and has managed to give me a good if frugal life. I love her so much and I'm sad that I won't see her much this summer, but I will go home in the last two weeks before I start university in Shanghai. Zi Wei lives in Kunming in the Yunnan province and it is my first time to come here even though our provinces are next door to each other.

The car comes to a standstill and Zi Wei turns to me smiling widely.

"Welcome to my home Yue."

"It's so beautiful and huge Zi Wei." I respond.

The driver opens Zi Wei's door and we make our way out of the car and into the house. I look around in amazement once we enter the interior...I have never seen such wealth before in my entire life. Zi Wei is the most down to earth person I have ever met and that's how we became really good friends. The other girls at school lost interest in me the moment I said I was a scholarship kid, but not Zi Wei...she took me under her wing and made sure no one bullied me.

"Come let me show you your room." Zi Wei says excitedly. "Unfortunately it's not on the same floor as mine and my parents, the other two rooms are my dad's study and then the family library, but don't worry you are not alone on your floor, my brother's room is also there."

I nod my, my head reeling from the idea of a family library... I will definitely be spending some time in there.

"Okay so my room is on this floor, it's the second one on the right..." She leaves her bags by her door, before coming back to where I'm standing. "And then yours...." We take the final flight of steps. "...Is up here on the third floor." Zi Wei continues.

We get to the landing and she points to a door,

"This is my older brother's room and right opposite his over here.... is yours."

She opens the door and once again I'm blown away by how beautiful everything is. I can't believe that this will be my room for the next month and a half.

"This is great Zi Wei." I say, putting my bags down.

"Awesome, I want you to have the best time here." She smiles. "Okay so shall we meet in the kitchen in about an hour? You remember where it is?"

"Yep." I say.

"Cool that should be enough time for us to shower and get dressed. We can grab a snack before we head out for drinks at that café bar by the lake I was telling you about... the sunsets are gorgeous from there. The boys will come pick us up...I can't wait for you to meet them." She enthuses.