punz - support

acquaintances -> something more ??
gender neutral
plot: you've been dating dream for a while and punz is there to support you when dream is in prison
warnings: swearing, manipulative dream :/

notes: irl minecraft

"Punz. You don't have to do this." I stopped him as he walked out of the walls to his home. I was wearing Dream's old dark green cape, the edges frayed from years of use.

"What do you mean?" He stepped closer to me, his eyes watching me for my answer.

"With Dream. With Tommy and Tubbo. I know his plan, I know it sounds bad, he just needs help."

Punz grabbed onto my hand, putting a paper into my hand, "You think that this man can be helped?"

The paper had a short note written in messy handwriting, a plea from Tommy to protect him.

"How much did he pay you?"

"More than Dream ever has."

"And that's all it takes?" I let out a scoff.

"I'm not sure who you think I am, but I am not loyal to Dream. I am not loyal to Tommy. I am loyal to whoever pays me more."

"I can pay you. You just have to keep him alive."

"I never expected you to be on Dream's side."

"I just—"

"I'll still do it."

I nodded my headed and jogged back to my house, Punz slowly following along. I left him outside, opening up the small safe with all my valuables in it. I pulled out 30 netherite ingots and 15 blocks of diamond, all of the valuables in there. I kept my other valuables in an actual vault that I shared with Dream.

I walked outside, showing the ingots to him. "Is this enough?"

"I'll keep them from killing him. That's all I can say."

"You can have this now, and the rest when I get to see him again." I put 15 ingots into the bag that he carried over his shoulder.

"Really?" He glared at me. "I'm the best at my job."

"You're the best at killing people, not saving."

I walked back into my house, waiting for Punz to come back and tell me how things went down. Luckily it only took until the next morning for him to arrive.

"Is he alive?" I swung my door open as soon as I heard him knock, still in my pajamas.

"Badly injured, but that's it." He nodded.

"Where is he?" I looked behind him, hoping to see that he had brought Dream to me.

Punz let out a small laugh, "Locked up in the prison."

"He's what?"

"Did you really think that he would be allowed to live freely after all that?"

"I need to see him."

"No visitors for the first couple of days."

I scoffed, "I don't believe you."

He froze for a moment, "What?"

"You could easily say that he's alive, take my valuables and then run off."

"Do you think the rest of the community would let me live after I scammed you?"

I pulled him into my house, shutting the door. No one besides Dream had been in my house before. "Do you really think that community would let me live after I saved him?"