schlatt - leech

gender neutral
pals
plot: youre a bit sensitive and get upset over schlatt
warnings: swearing

Earlier that day I had talked with my parents about my job. They didn't really understand the whole streaming thing, but they did understand that I was really close with Schlatt and that he had more followers than me. What they said to me echoed in my mind as I started my stream. 'It must be easy, especially when you just leech off of him.'

"Hey guys!" I waved hello to everyone as the stream started.

Every other day I would be able to handle chat being obnoxious and rude. It was normally funny when people called me ugly, or on the other hand when they said I only had subs because I'm attractive.

"Get Schlatt on the stream, dumb fu—"

"Alright, I'm gonna cut that off." It was a running joke that I got more views because of Schlatt and I'd often get messages of people asking for him.

I continued the game, talking to chat as I did, and ignoring the people who asked about Schlatt.

"How do I get into the nether?"

"Where is the fortress?"

"Uh what is a bastion?"

"Why is this dude attacking me? I'm wearing gold!"

My phone began to ring and I sighed as I saw who it was. I rolled my eyes and ignored it. "Sorry chat, that was Schlatt."

He called me back a few seconds later and I answered it, "Why'd you ignore me?"

"What makes you think I wanna talk to you?"

"You know that I'm the only thing that gets you views."

Aha. I tried to breath, remembering that this was just a bit. "Of course." I faced my phone screen towards the camera.

"How is it possible that you have done absolutely nothing this stream."

"What? I totally have."

"There's almost 5,000 people watching you just watching you wander around minecraft."

"I'm playing!"

"You have almost 5000 people watching you and no content."

"Shut up." I felt my eyes start to water. I hung up on him and then put my phone on vibrate.

I looked at how long I had been live, only about 2 hours. It would be a shorter stream, but I could end it now. "I think I'm going to end my stream."

I ended my stream and headed to my bed. As I scrolled through twitter, checking my indirects to see that people were talking about me crying on stream. Fuck.

Schlatt facetimed me again and as soon as I answered it, he asked if I was okay. "Is everything good?

"Yeah, sorry. I don't know why I'm crying."

"Did I say something?"

"No. Well yes." I chuckled, "But I know it's just a joke."

He paused, "Of course. You know how much I care about you."

"Thanks Schlatt. I care about you too."

authors note //
word count: 450
date posted: december 7, 2020

i will not lie schlatt sounds like a wholesome older brother whenever he's not doing a bit