technoblade - no weapons

gender neutral
friends ??
plot: you fight in an arena against technoblade
warnings: swearing

I leaned against the wall at the edge of the arena, watching the current fight. It was just the beginning of the night, so the amateurs were still fighting. I watched as they used they both cowered behind their shields, their swords barely hitting each other.

A tall man came and stood next to me his cape lightly brushed up against my arm. "We are fighting next." He spoke, his deep voice barely heard above the cheers of the crowd.

I turned to him, taking in his appearance. He wore much nicer clothes than I did. He donned a pristine white shirt that was tucked into his black pants, a dark red cape, plus the crown that was atop his pink hair. "Why is a prince fighting in the arena?"

He let out a chuckle, "Nah. I'm not royalty."

I paused, "You wear clothes that nice and you're not?"

"It's called fashion."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Good luck."

The fight we had been watching looked to be nearly over, one person having their sword held against the other's throat. I turned away, heading to my small area underneath the seats of the stadium where I could get ready.

I stood in front of the dusty mirror that stood in the corner of the room. I threw some fake punches, letting out a laugh.

"What are you doing?"

I turned to look up at the muffled voice, he was still wearing his mask, "Shut up Dream."

"You feeling confident about this fight?" Dream sat down on the stained red couch that was in the center of the room.

"Didn't you say you fought him a few years ago? And he beat you." I grabbed my armor and gestured for Dream to stand up. "Come help."

"It was a close fight."

"Don't lie. I read the records." I raised my arms and he slipped the chest plate over my head.

"Oh come on, I fought well."

I grabbed my bow, sword, and shield and headed to the door, "I'll try and fight well too."

"Good luck."

I walked out into the waiting room. The door shut behind me, signaling that I had less than a minute till it started. The voice above me announced our names and I took a deep breath.

"5. 4."

I slipped my bow over my shoulder. The barbaric cheers of the crowd got louder.

"3. 2."

I tightened my grip on my sword and adjusted my feet, holding my breath.

"1."

The gates creaked open. I opened my eyes and I looked into the arena. It was mostly dirt, with a few patches of dead grass. There were brick pillars randomly placed throughout it.

I ran through the gates and ducked behind a pillar. I tried to picture where Techno would've been coming from. He wouldn't be the type to hide right away. I loaded my bow and aimed it at where his gate would be, as I saw his bright red cape, I fired.

I ducked back down, not waiting to see if I hit him. Luckily the audience gave me the response, half of them erupting into cheers and the other half gasping. As I smiled up at the crowd, a sword was brought down to my throat.

"Y/N." His low voice was barely heard over the crowd.

I let out a nervous chuckle, his sword being held so close that he was cutting up my neck. "We can talk about this."