twenty-four

"Oh. My. God," Lisa said suddenly. "Is that ... it can't be ..."

Roseanne turned around to follow Lisa's gaze, fully expecting to find some strange guy she'd never seen before but had undoubtedly heard about heading toward them to ask Lisa why she'd never called. What she saw instead was a woman with a striking resemblance to Jennie Kim. "It can't be," she echoed, but her gaze didn't budge. She watched as the Gallery Director nearly trampled a server on his way to meet the woman.

"Holy fuck, it is her," Lisa whispered in Roseanne's ear. "Pinch me."

Roseanne pushed Lisa's arm away and took in the actress from afar. Jennie Kim's hair was long and dark brown, falling around the actress' face in shiny, silky strands that looked fresh off a shampoo commercial. Deep brown eyes darted around the gallery as if looking for someone. Full lips suddenly parted into smile at the man talking to her, and her search stopped to regard him. She wore a red turtle neck sweater and a short black skirt beneath a long black leather coat that clung perfectly to every place that mattered. Tall black boots with what Roseanne guessed were three-inch heels made the actress tower over the man chatting anxiously in her face. Roseanne looked away, not wishing to be caught staring.

"Man, I really thought most of her was just airbrushed but she really is that beautiful." Lisa was shaking her head.

The general murmur of conversation returned to normal after the element of surprise had passed, and Roseanne ventured another glance at Jennie Kim, but the actress was gone. Though Roseanne hardly considered herself a fan, she couldn't help but feel awestruck. "What do you think she's doing here?"

"Maybe she really likes art."

"Right." Somehow Roseanne doubted it. "She seems like an airhead to me."

"Just because she plays an airhead doesn't mean she is one."

Roseanne shrugged. "I doubt very much she's acting."

Lisa laughed. "So harsh. I'm going to go ask for her autograph."

"Knock yourself out." Roseanne was tempted to follow, out of curiosity if nothing else, but stood her ground. She watched Lisa walk away and turned her head just in time to see Jaehyun walking in.

-

Jennie found Jisoo easily. Her assistant was talking to a young woman who seemed more than a little interested in whatever Jisoo was saying. Jisoo looked as if she was searching for an excuse to get away and found it the second she spotted Jennie.

Jennie watched the young woman's gaze as it trailed after Jisoo. "Another ex?" she guessed when her assistant was within ear shot.

Jisoo laughed. "Yeah right. What are you doing here? I thought you had to stay hidden away lest you steal the limelight."

"Blame your boyfriend. He practically pushed me out of the limo."
Jisoo smiled as if she and Kai had planned it all along. They probably had.

Jennie looked around, hoping not to look as nervous as she felt. "So? Point her out so I know who to subtly stare at."

"I haven't a clue actually," said her assistant. "I did what you asked but it didn't involve any direct communication with the artist so... "

Jennie sighed. "Great."

"I could ask..."

"No." Jennie stuffed her hands in her pockets. "Being here will just have to be enough, I guess."

"Excuse me, Ms. Kim?"

Jennie knew what the girl wanted before she even turned around, so she wasn't surprised to see the outstretched hand with the pen and paper in it. Jennie offered her usual smile and accepted the objects. "Who shall I make it out to?"