1.02

not long after they left, the boys returned to the studio. sydney glanced over the balcony to see that they each had small frowns.

"i'm guessing i was right about julie not wanting dinner guests?" she questions as luke walked to the bottom of the ladder. he just rolled his eyes at her and held his arm out, her handing him his guitar.

the group spent the next few minutes setting up their gear. she had moved most of alex's drum kit down before they got back, the blond already working on putting it together. she grabbed reggie's bass and handed it down to him.

she grinned, grabbing her guitar from in front of her. it felt different in her hands now, lighter almost.

it didn't take long once everyone had their instruments to start playing again. even though she wasn't technically part of the band, sydney played with the boys in the studio all the time before they died.

once they started playing, it felt just like old times. sydney almost forgot they were dead, it was all feeling so natural. she felt alive again. she couldn't describe it, but it was like the music was awakening everything inside her. she could feel the melody coursing through her veins.

the studio door was suddenly ripped over, revealing a very annoyed looking julie staring at the ghosts. she marched to the middle of the room, yelling at them to stop playing.

sydney quickly placed a hand on the strings, abruptly stopping her guitar from making noise, as the other three boys let their instruments fade out.

"the whole neighborhood could hear you! i thought i told you to leave?" she snaps, making each of the ghosts eyes go wide.

"wait, p-people can hear us play?" luke asks quickly, and julie nodded.

"yes, and so did my dad, and my brother." she says quickly.

"w-wait, so only you can see us, but everyone can hear us?" alex questions. "i mean, what kind of ghosts are we?" he laughs slightly.

"who cares man? people can hear us play!" luke says, excitedly fist bumping his band mates.

"we might be dead, but our music isn't." reggie nods happily.

luke turned to sydney, who was placing her guitar back in its stand, also smiling widely at how happy all the boys were at the moment.

"dad!" julie says in surprise, her eyes widening slightly as the studio door was pushed open and her father walked in.

"hey, just making sure you're okay." he says slowly and she nods.

"yeah, i'm fine, i just had to turn off the CD player." she explains, pointing to it.

her father looked around the room, suddenly noticing all the bands instruments set up and a smile grew on his face.

"wait, is this the junk that was in the loft?" he questions, walking closer to the instruments.

"junk?" luke repeats offendedly, staring at the man as he circled alex's drum kit.

"some of this stuff is in pretty good shape." he says, tapping the kick drum gently. "hey, maybe we could make a couple of bucks." he suggests, making the four ghosts eyes widen.

"what? yo, stop touching my drums-" alex tells him, before turning to julie. "tell him to stop touching my drums!" he demands, all the ghosts looking at julie expectantly, who just shrugged.

"i liked that song you had on." her dad says, smiling as he walked back around the drums to stand in front of his daughter.

"sweet! we're sunset curve." luke informs him.