1.10

"Ladies and gentlemen, back from the dead by popular demand, please welcome Caleb Covington." a voice came over the speakers and the audience began clapping as a man appeared, floating above the stage.

"did you miss me?" he asks, a wide grin on his face. the people in the room began cheering for him, willie included, and sydney looked around in confusion. "i did too!" caleb continues, drawing her attention back to the stage. "welcome to the party of your dreams. from the egyptians, to the druids, to the person sitting next to you, we've all wondered; where do we go when that final light is snuffed out?" he began floating closer to their table as the music began to build. "allow me to show you."

Let me introduce myself
We got some time to kill
Consider me the pearly gates to your new favorite thrills
We could go make history or you could rest in peace
But here there ain't no misery
'Cause on the other side we live like kings

as caleb floated back towards the stage, the ghosts felt themselves leaning in. it was as if the music was pulling them towards the stage.

Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do?
Let your body loose, let your body loose
Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do?
Show you a thing or two
'Cause you ain't seen nothing

caleb landed on the stage as the band appeared behind him and dancers surrounded him. sydney's eyes went wide and she let out a small laugh of amazement. her eyes were glued to the stage, there was so much happening she was afraid to even blink for fear she might miss something amazing.

Life is good on the other side of Hollywood
So welcome to the brotherhood
Where you won't be misunderstood
Life is good on the other side of Hollywood

stepping off the stage, caleb approached their table as waiters danced around them carrying food. sydney's eyes went wide at the food, she wished she could eat, it looked so good.

Everything has got a price but happiness is free
Just so happens, you're in luck
We got a vacancy
We can set the night on fire and break out of the scene
Your soul print on the walk of fame
On the boulevard of your wildest dreams

caleb spun the table cloth before ripping it away, revealing a dancer on their table, swinging her legs around wildly. sydney's eyes subconsciously shot to reggie, who was in a trance staring at the girl.

Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do boys?
Let your body loose, let your body loose
Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do boys?
It ain't bragging if it's true
Now you ain't seen nothing

table cloths around the room were ripped off to reveal more dancers, though sydney's eyes stayed on reggie. she wanted to look away, but she couldn't seem to tear her eyes off of him. that is, until caleb nudged her shoulder and offered her a smile, motioning around the room. as soon as her eyes left reggie, she was absorbed once again into this fantastical word around her.

Life is good on the other side of Hollywood
So welcome to the brotherhood
Where you won't be misunderstood
Life is good on the other side of Hollywood

as the band cut out, everyone in the room started clapping to the beat. sydney joined in clapping, she didn't even need to think about it, it was like the music was controlling her.

The rain don't blind the rising souls
They got too much to see
I got your glamour, got your gold
Got all you'll ever need