1.12

the next morning, when alex and sydney returned to the studio, it seemed like reggie and luke had basically gone back to normal. reggie didn't have any visible marks from last night on his face, and the two were sitting beside each other on the couch lazily strumming their instruments together.

the four went about their morning as if nothing had happened. maybe alex was right and luke just needed some time to cool down. reggie hadn't said anything to sydney, though he did continue to look at her occasionally with a soft smile. sydney tried to pretend she didn't notice, but it was hard not to smile when she met his blue eyes.

they eventually ended up at a small coffee shop that luke had brought them too. alex, reggie and sydney sat around one of the tables where a woman was sitting, doing something on her phone.

"oh, great angle." reggie jokes, glancing at the phone to see that she was photographing her food. "yeah, that's a good pic." he nods, glancing to sydney for a moment, who had a small smile on her face watching him.

"is this what we're here for?" alex questions. "to watch people take pictures of food?"

"it's fun!" reggie tells him with a grin. "watch this, people never stop looking at their phones." he states.

reggie starts moving the woman's plate around, while she attempts to grab the danish without looking away from her phone. she finally looked up, a confused expression on her face as she looked around for a moment, before grabbing her things and walking out of the cafe.

"and luke said something about this place being a hot spot for music industry people." sydney explains, and alex nods slightly.

"guys, being a ghost definitely has its perks." luke says happily, joining them at the table. "i just wrote our names on the playlist for tonight." he grins, and sydney raises her eye brows at him slightly.

"i'm getting a little worried about him." alex tells reggie and sydney. "he keeps forgetting that julie quit the band." he turns back to the luke, and sydney nodded slightly.

"and that she gonna come back, just as soon as she knows we have a great gig." luke responds, though the other three weren't nearly as optimistic.

"but if she doesn't come back, let's not forget, we do have somewhere else we can play, and eat pizza." reggie reminds them.

"dude, i know it was awesome to be seen by lifers at calebs party, but we got this with julie." luke says, looking around at each of them. "we don't need him." he states, and suddenly the ghosts were struck by another jolt to the chest, making them all let out groans of pain.

"oh, it's that same thing again." alex states, coughing slightly.

"yeah, just like yesterday." sydney nods.

"it feels like that time i was fixing my amp in the rain." reggie says, causing the other three to turn to him in confusion.

"you shouldn't... okay." alex sighs, shaking his head at the boy. "look, do you think somethings wrong with us?" he asks quickly.

"yeah, we ate ten pounds of pizza yesterday without a stomach." luke says. "i'm sure it's just our bodies working through it." he assures them, but sydney could see some disbelief at his own statement in his eyes.

"so we're just gonna forget about getting back at trevor?" reggie questions. "that jerk stole our music!"

"and he has to live with that guilt." luke tells him. "it's just like what julie said, we have a new band, a new sound, okay? that's what we should be focusing on."

"hey, isn't that willie?" alex asks, looking out the window. the others turned to look, just in time to see willie skate out of sight. alex quickly got up and ran out the door, looking for the boy who had seemingly disappeared.