1.17

when sydney landed on solid ground again, she noticed luke and reggie on either side of her, and alex on luke's other side, all of them now wearing fancy club clothes. her guitar was in her hand and she looked around in confusion.

"well don't you look nice." caleb walked down the steps beside them, a sly smirk on his face as he approached the group.

"sweet threads." reggie says awkwardly as sydney pulled at her skirt, feeling very uncomfortable in her new clothes.

"how, how did you know our sizes?" alex asks, holding his arms out. reggie slipped his hand into sydney's to stop her from continuing to mess with her dress.

"that's your question?" luke asks him sharply, tugging at his collar. caleb looked at each of them before letting out a sigh.

"i know you guys aren't my biggest fans. and an eternity at my club might seem, overwhelming." he says. "but, i just put you in sweet threads, so humour me this one last pitch." he hands his nail file to waiter standing near by.

sydney felt her heart beat speed up and she glanced to luke beside her, noticing the nervous look in his eye and making her feel even more anxious.

"now, for starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together?" caleb looks between reggie and sydney, motioning to their intwined hands. "and believe me, everything you want, including willie," he turns to alex. "is here. and on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. you soak in the applause for as long as you want." he walks up to luke, adjusting his bow tie. "the connection that you will feel with that audience, will be like no other, i promise." the audience begins cheering outside the curtain. "oh! do you hear that? they're waiting for you."

the four ghosts are struck by jolt, making them stumble backward as they cough and let out groans of pain. caleb winces at them, shrugging slightly.

"that one looked like it hurt." he says unsympathetically. "now, let me remind you, you don't know if playing the orpheum is your unfinished business. do you really have time to make that mistake?" he stares at them for a moment. "i suggest you accept my offer because the clock is ticking." he takes a sip of his drink as the ghosts are hit by another jolt to the chest. "ouch! you know where to find me." he grins as he spins away from them and onto the stage. he greets the crowd and the music begins to build.

You know you wanna take a chance
And be a little bit bad
Ain't nothing quite like living on the edge
So get ready to go

sydney looked the boys beside her, who all looked like they were being pulled in by the music. their eyes were fixed on the stage and she subconsciously tightened her grip on reggie's hand as she felt her heart beat speed up even more.

I'm chasing down a thrill
And looking fit to kill
So listen to the words a wise man said
He said,
"Covington, I got an offer that you can't refuse"

all four ghosts felt themselves being pulled in by the music. they didn't mean to, but they slowly began taking steps closer to the stage. it was like the music was taking over them.

You got nothing to lose, lose, lose, lose

sydney felt herself bouncing slightly to the beat of the song. it was like the music was taking over, she couldn't control what she was doing anymore.