1.14

over the next few days, reggie had the brilliant idea of attempting to build a relationship with ray. he spent lots of time with the man, chatting as though he could hear him. sydney spent most of her time with them too, she liked being around reggie. he made her happy. it broke her heart slightly, seeing how badly reggie wanted a real relationship with the man, something he never got from his parents.

it was currently friday morning, sydney and reggie were hanging out with ray in the kitchen as he made breakfast, mostly just talking between the two of them. ray was singing their song from the other night quietly, making a wide smile grow on reggie's face as he joined in. sydney couldn't help but admire how happy he looked.

julie eventually rounded the corner at the bottom of the stairs, a slightly confused and amused look on her face as she noticed the ghosts.

"this is new?" she comments, subtly glancing to reggie and sydney.

"yeah, i was in the mood for cooking some breakfast." ray shrugs, making reggie laugh.

"ha! he thought you were talking to him. me and your dad are pals now." he explains, and sydney grins at the boy. "it's a little one sided but, it works."

"look, after the talk we had the other night, i was thinking i may have cost you an opportunity with that manager." rays says. "so, i was thinking-"

"dad, no. i should've never snuck out." julie stops him, shaking her head slightly.

"let the man speak." reggie tells her quickly. "he's been stress eating all week. i don't know where he puts it though, it's like, firm." he motions around the mans torso, making sydney laugh quietly. reggie smiled at her for a moment before returning his focus to ray.

"i know, but i really want to support your band." ray starts. "so, i called in some favours and i booked you a local gig!" he says, making smiles breakout on julie and the ghosts faces.

"best dad ever!" reggie says with a small laugh.

"oh my gosh! where? did you call your buddy from drakes?" julie asks excitedly.

"not quite. i called flynn, and she's going to help us throw a party." he explains. "here, tonight."

"oh, so you booked us a gig at our house?" she questions, still trying to sound excited.

"you might have been a little early with the best dad ever award." sydney informs reggie, making the boy roll his eyes jokingly at her.

"all right, here me out." ray holds up his hands for a moment. "you invite some of your friends over, you play with your band, and i'll get some of my colleagues to put you on film. that way you have something professional, for your youtube."

"you'd do that for me?" julie asks softly, a smile on her face.

"yeah!" her dad assures her.

"back to best dad ever." reggie states with a grin.

"we'll go tell the guys." sydney says as her and reggie back away from the kitchen, reggie grabbing her hand as they stepped back.

"have a good day at work ray!" reggie smiles at the man. "it's cool, you don't have to answer. just.." he trails off.

sydney let out an amused sigh and poofed them to the studio, where alex was sitting on one of the chairs, spinning his drum sticks. they took a seat on the couch across from him, and reggie wrapped his arm around sydney's shoulders.

before they had a chance to speak, luke walked through the doors to join them, his face instantly twisting with disgust.

"i am not used to that yet." he states, looking at sydney and reggie on the couch together. he took a seat beside his sister and she nudged him jokingly.