1.05

"hey, where'd the rest of the band go?" the tech guy ran on to the stage next to julie, asking the question that everyone in the room was thinking.

julie froze, unsure of how to answer without sounding like she had gone insane. she racked her brain for an excuse for a moment, until her thoughts were interrupted.

"wait, we're those holograms?" the girl that reggie had winked at spoke up.

"yes!" julie agrees quickly. "yes, they were holograms. um, i plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it but it involves algorithms and science stuff." she trails off, chuckling awkwardly.

the crowd cheered again, and the ghosts at the side of the stage looked around at them in amazement.

"that's wild, they could see us when we're playing but not when the music ended." luke says, bouncing slightly with excitement.

"we should double check!" reggie says quickly and sydney raised an eyebrow.

"i don't think-" she starts, though reggie was already up on the steps shaking his butt around.

"yeah, i don't, i don't think they can see us." he nods and sydney shook her head at him slightly in amusement.

"i wish i couldn't see you." alex mumbles, making luke and sydney chuckle slightly.

"okay people, shows over!" the principal claps her hands and begins ushering students out of the gym. "let's get back to class please."

sydney followed luke and alex out of the gym, rolling her eyes slightly as she passed by reggie attempting to hit on the same girl, seemingly forgetting that she can't see him.

"so is anyone else freaking out right now?" sydney asks quickly, looking to each of the boys as they all walked down the hall and through the students. alex nodded slightly, and luke shook his head at his sister, the smile still present on his face.

"what is there to freak out about? besides getting to play music for people again!" luke bounces down the halls excitedly as the ghosts round a corner to an empty hall.

"oh, i don't know." sydney shrugs sarcastically. "maybe the fact that a room full of alive people just saw us, four dead ghosts." she reminds him.

"don't you think 'dead ghosts' is kind of redundant?" alex questions, and sydney let out a small sigh.

"my point is, it just doesn't make any sense." she continues, and the boys all stop walking, luke quickly turning to face her.

"just don't think about it too much, syd." he tells her and sydney stares at him in annoyance for a moment.

"great plan." she says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

rather than continuing to indulge sydney's questions and panic, the boys refocused their attention to moving down the hall and forming a pyramid to prepare for julie finding them. as sydney leaned on the post beside alex, julie eventually came around the corner and all the boys shouted excitedly.

"julie!" they greet her, making the girl jump and let out a small scream.

"ahh-you!" she glares at them slightly. "stop doing that! i'm serious." she tells them.

"woah, woah, this ones on you, we were already here." reggie holds his hands up in surrender. "well actually, we were over there. but then we came over here." he explains, and julie shook her head slightly.

"are we not going to talk about what just happened?" luke asks quickly, looking back at julie with a grin.

"yeah, the whole school saw you." she nods. "it's kind of freaking me out." she adds, sydney and alex's nodding quickly in agreement.