2

• Alice •

I lost my job, what do I do know. Let's face the facts. Because of Daniel English, alpha's heir and only son I lost my job. Dad'll beat me up because I lost my jobs. If I won't find money my sister's will be taken away. My life is ruined and my brain is a total mess.

And then it started raining, And I thought this day couldn't possibly get any better. I walked into the closest building. Public library. But who cares no one comes here anyway.

So let's see, what can be done.

I can take an exam, I'll pass, I know that, if I do that I'll go to college. After college I'll have much more opportunities for a job. But then there would be at least four years for me to study, who'll look after the girls? I can join the army, they won't take me seriously but they have no right to reject me before taking the exams. I know I'll get into the army, my mom taught me how to fight before she died. Here is another problem, I'll have to turn into my wolf form, so that's out, there is a reason my mom wouldn't allow me turn into my wolf.

So those won't work, I could ask for Alpha's help, but Luna clearly told me that if I'll appear next to her family she'll tell the Alpha about todays incident with her son.

God, this is useless.

I decided to leave the planing of what to do about my problems and look through the books. In a bit of time an idea of becoming a tutor came into my mind, not such a bad option is it?

The rain stoped after about an hour. I decided to look through one last book. It was a book with plain black leather cover. I opened it, first page was empty, the next one had nothing written on it either. Soon I realised that this book is totally empty. I need to go home, so I put the book down, but before I quickly wrote in it:

"How is your life stranger?"

• • • •

"Where is the money?" I heard dad's voice as I walked into the house. "WHERE! IS! THE! MONEY!?" dad screamed at my face when I didn't answer. I looked at him and whispered.

"I got fired." I saw dad's eyes go red, but he smiled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for you." he said in a sweet, sweet voice. "Come let's talk about it."

I followed dad into The Room. I hated The Room so much, but I've been here so many times.

In about an hour I crawled out of The Room and into my room. So what did I get from my dad, sliced open veins on both hands, 50 whips on to my back, melted iron poured onto my ankles...

• Daniel •

I bend in half when I suddenly felt the pain.

"Son, are you alright?" I heard mom, I said something, not sure what because I was already falling into the darkness.

I opened my eyes, I was in my room. The pain was gone. I was about to get up when I heard dad's voice.

"His wolf felt his mates pain? But that's impossible!" wait, did I get this right, my wolf found his mate? Who is she? "We were clearly told that his wolf was from a different pack! His mate isn't even one of the breeds that we know of, not a white wolf, not a grey wolf, and not a hybrid! In this word there are only those three types and humans, but we were told that it's not a human either!"

"Sir please listen." this time it was doctor talking, "We know all that, the thing is, that's the only way we can explain what happened, but the most peculiar thing in this situation is that his wolf found his mate, but know it behaves as if the mate never existed. It's either his wolf going crazy, but due to him being your son that's impossible, or that his mate is very well hidden."

"For how long have you been awake?" sh*t, dad noticed me.

"Not long." I smiled, I think I'll go for a walk.

• • • •

In ten minutes I parked my car next to the library and walked in. In thirty minutes I still didn't find any information about any other werewolf breeds.

Guess it's pointless. Ok, last book.

I picked up a book in a black leather cover opened it and looked at the first page. I could feel how my eyebrows went up to my forehead. The page is mostly empty, only a few words written in ink, only few hours ago. It stated:

"How is your life stranger?"

I smiled, this was so sinister, for some reason I felt the urge to answer, so I wrote:

"Sucks. My life sucks. Most people won't understand why I think that my life is awful, and yesterday I thought that my life was great. Today I understood, I don't even have a life. I don't do anything what I don't want to do. Or maybe I do. I don't know what I want anymore. I just ruined someone's life. I'm a selfish jerk. I have a question, can we like write messages to each other in this book? If you'll agree call me Dan, and can we maybe be friends?"

I smiled at myself. What if this person is going to agree and be my friend. This is going to be funny, at least interesting.