8

• Daniel •

What job can a person who is hatted by Luna, and gave an oath of loyalty to a mate(who you still didn't meet)? I do not know. Unless she can do something for me. But what? Spying? But on who? She isn't a wolf, so she can't do most things. And if Luna will find out that she talks to me it'll end badly. Wait, I know. The moon grave. I always wanted to go there, but you can't go there alone, you need at least some kind of help, but no one ever wanted to go there with me. They are all scared, all the stories of ghost of wolfs bread never seen before that hunt the travellers, like they were hunted once. Who would believe in stories like that?

"You need money don't you?" she nodded. "If you do one thing for me I'll give you a million dollars." her eyes went wide when I said the number.

"What do you want me to do?" she asked , her lilac eyes locked with my.

"I want you to go hiking with me." I smiled seeing the surprise on her face. "For a long time I wanted to go to one place, but no one wanted to go with me."

I heard her whispering something like "I understand why"

"And I will pay a million dollars if you agree to go to the moon grave with me." I saw fear on her face when I said where I wanted her to go with me, and for a second I thought she was going to reject my offer. I was wrong.

"I'm in." her voice was calm, she was calm. As if she didn't hear the stories about the Moon Grave, but I knew she did, everyone heard those stories. "But you are giving money today."

I knew that I raised my eyebrows, I am ready to give her a million dollars just for going for a walk, but she wants money first.

"My father won't be happy if I come home without money. I won't bail you. There is no point. We'll meet tomorrow on the same place at the same time." her words did make sense, she did come here to get money. So I had no choice but write out a bill on a million dollars and give it to her.

• • •

As I was going home I thought, my father won't be happy. I didn't want to see his reaction to the fact that I gave away a million dolors, but when I came home, there wasn't a father to tell me off, there was my crying mom.

"He died." she whispered through tears, "He broke the oath he made and died. He wasn't even an alpha then." and she burst into tears.

"My father died." I couldn't believe it. My father. Alpha of the grey wolfs. Most feared living werewolf died. "Am I the Alpha now?"

"You are an Alpha, no one can take that away from you." I heard an old white wolf I never seen before said, "But like all alfas you need to do something great, proof that you deserve it."

I was already dead inside, and now I have to do something special. Are they serious. What do they want, for me to join an army, or...

"I'm going to the Moon Grave tomorrow, will that do?" I saw my mom's face go pail, the shock on white wolf's face. But the white wolf quickly returned his plain expression and said.

"You need to be brave to go there, and if you return with some proof that you went to the very top, you deserve to be your father's son." and on these words the old wolf disappeared, leaving crying mom, me and my thoughts.

What promise did he brake, and could it have something to do with the moon wolfs I asked him about?

• Alice •

"Dad." I called as I entered the house.

"You are early daughter, I hope you brought the pay." he walked towards me. For once he wasn't drunk.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, and I do not know when I'm coming back." I could see anger in my father's eyes. He was about to tell me to go to The Room, when I showed him the bill, "Someone is paying me a million dollars to go with them to the Moon Grave." dad smiled, for the first day since my mothers death. Well, not my mothers. A woman who kidnapped me, kind of.

He took the bill.

"I hope you'll return, I'm so happy you agreed to go. With all this money your sisters and I will be able to move to a nice house, and you will go to university, and I'll try to get a job..."

he was saying something else, but I didn't listen. I have to survive this trip, dad was so happy, if I return my life will be great, and my sisters will live happy life, and my dad will. For the first time I felt that Daniel English might have actually helped. But then the TV turned on, even so we didn't pay for electricity, and from the TV spoke Luna.

"Good evening my people. You must be thinking why am I talking to you so late. Well I have bad news, my husband, our Alpha, died today." I couldn't hear what she was saying next. The same words would go over and over in my head. Alpha is dead. I never really liked him, but still. And now I don't know what's worth, the fact that I'm going to the Moon Grave with the new alpha, or that the new Alpha is Daniel.