Detective

Camila's Pov-

Friday, 10:am, at Ally's.

The girls have already left for school. Ally left to work. And i stayed at the house, looking deeply into the evidence we had.

Lauren talked about hearing gunshots when Kendall went to her trailer, she said it was distant.

That's one of the things I need to look into.

Another thing is looking into who Max might be working with, if he's able to get away with this thing there has to be another person.

Also, looking into the security footage of Lauren going through her short cut to her trailer. She probably token it when she got to the scene, the police does not have access to the camera since the only camera that can actually see her has to be the liquor store there is by it.

I was so deep in thought I didn't notice the door being knocked on.

I snapped out of my thought and went to open the door. Which Officer Harry was standing behind it.

"I brought donuts and coffee." He said happily.

"Thank you." I said and let him in.

"Woah, you've been up all night?" He asks me as he sets the box of donuts and drinks on the table.

"I guess, i have a few things that might help." I told him taking a donut and a sip from the delicious coffee from Ally's bakery.

"My ears are all yours." Officer Harry said.

"I think Max is working with someone else. If he's able to throw Lauren into prison with getting away with it, there has to be someone working with him. Also, Lauren said before she showed up to the game, Kendall showed up to her house. She said Max sent her to deliver a message, then a few moments after Lauren heard gunshots from the distance. And following that, i think we should check the cameras from the liquor store by the alley, Lauren goes there as a shortcut. Maybe they have the footage that can help us." I told him going through the papers, maps, notes, writing down on the white board.

"Are you planning on being a detective?" Officer Harry asks me randomly.

"Uh well- i've never really thought about it." I told him honestly.

I am good at this.

"Okay so, you will need Kendall to confess she heard gunshots, I will look into getting the footage from the liquor store, and we can go deeper into the woods to see if we find anything. There has to be some sort of evidence left we can use." Officer Harry said chewing his donut.

"I'll have Dinah and Normani get Kendall confess since there already at school, i'll go into the woods while you get the footage-" I got cut off.

"Don't you want to visit Lauren today? Visiting hours start at 12." Officer Harry said.

Crap, i totally forgot.

"I'm sure i'll have time when i'm done at the scene. And besides Lauren would want me working on this." I told him.

I grabbed a backpack putting in a few supplies. For example, gloves, zip bloc bags, my camera, tees sets just in case of smaller objects, and most importantly meaty, grabbing his leash.

Meaty can help me sniff out a few things just in case. Or maybe find things, either way he needs to get out more. I can feel his negative emotions, poor pup.

I grabbed one of Normani's bike, and started pedaling my way to Laurens trailer, it wasn't so far. Meaty was tied up to one of my handles on his leash, so he ran besides me on the sidewalk.

Arriving at the trailer, 10:58am

I stopped my bike and grabbed Meatys leash. I saw the old yellow tape already falling off around Lauren's trailer. I went under it and decided to just walk straight to the woods.

I kept walking for a few more minutes till i saw some type of bullet on the floor, along with drops of blood and foot prints.

As i was taking out my camera and gloves front my backpack my phone just received a message.

FinahJane: We got her to confess, i'll send you the recording.

Me: Great, thanks cheechee.

FinahJane: No problem Chancho.

*Recording Attachment*

Once I saw the recording attachment, i hit play.

"Fine yes, i went to Lauren's trailer before the game..only because this guy name max told me to send her a message. Something about "this isn't over." Type of thing, he was a weird guy." Kendall said.

"And then what happened?" Normani i asked.

"Lauren invited me inside her trailer, we talked more about the guy Max and her phone started ringing, when she was on the phone we heard gunshots far into the woods. We left when it was safe and that's when Lauren drop me off at the game." Kendall replied.

"But your car wasn't there when the cops showed up on the scene. Care to explain?" Dinah asked.

"I pretended that my car broke down just for i can get a ride with Lauren, the girls were able to drive it back to my house." Kendall said.

And that's when the recording ended.

Well that son of a bitch, she really pretended that her car broke down just for she can get a ride with MY girl. Ooo i swear when i see her i'm going to-

Stay focus Camila.

Wait, she confessed.

That's perfect, she confessed to the gunshots so all i need is to get this evidence to the detectives and my dad who's working on this case.

Speaking about my dad, i haven't seen him.

I pushed my thoughts away and started taking pictures of the 2 bullets on the floor. I picked them up with my gloves and put them in a bag, separately. I took pictures of the dirt that has footsteps on em, it looks like one was wearing boots, a large size. And the other looked like a total different size.

I then took pictures of the blood drops that we're leading towards Lauren's trailer where they found the body.

Wow i feel like i'm better than these detectives and cops.

Just when I was about to leave the scene,I heard Meaty barking.

I turned around and went towards him to see why he was barking.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He looked directly at a tree that had something buried besides it. It looked like it was cover with dirt, maybe had fallen.

I picked up with my gloves, wiping the dirt off. When i saw it, my eyes went wide open.

"WESTERN SHERIFF APARTMENT"

Max is working with a cop.