Chapter seventeen

I had no luck finding a third person. Other the Percy. So we decided to take him. He was the best bet. Two children of Poseidon plus a son of Hermes. What could go wrong? The three of us get ready for the trip. Thanks to Percy, we knew what to pack. Extra golden drachma, what clothes to bring, food we could eat on the road, and many other things. I stuck with the basics in my backpack. My MP3 player, a hoodie, my water bottle and my dagger, along with a few other things. I was a little worried about my dagger and if I could take my bow. I looked over at Percy.
"Hey Imma head to talk to Chiron. I have a few more questions before we leave." I said to Percy.
He nodded "Don't be too long, we should be leaving soon." He said and I headed out of the cabin. I was packed anyway since I had the whole day to pack. I rushed to the big house. I knocked before I was let in. Chiron and Mr.D were speaking in their office.

After speaking with Chiron for about an hour or so, I headed back to my cabin. I was getting more and more excited for this quest. I had wanted to get out of the camp for a while now. Nothing was wrong with camp, I just wanted to get out. Even my introvert self wanted some adventure. As I walked up to my cabin door, I heard voices. Two voices I knew very very well. It was Percy and Luke, he must have finished packing and wanted to see if we were done too. Instead of walking in, I waited and listened.
"Can I talk to you about something?" Percy asked.
"Fire away Jackson." Luke said. I pressed my ear against the door, listening in the best I could.
"We have to make sure she comes back." He said, meaning me. "I know she is strong, stronger then me probably. But we need to make sure she doesn't make any....stupid decisions. Make sure she doesn't....die for one of us."
"She would." Luke said.
"And we need to make sure she doesn't have to." Percy added. "We should stick together and have each other's backs."
"I agree. Is that all?"
"No, one more thing...." Percy hesitated before he kept going. "I don't mean to sound like a chaperone but I'll be watching you two. I don't want her to get distracted by you and vise versa. We need to focus on the quest."
"Sounds like you are being a chaperone" Luke chuckled softly which made me smile.
"Luke please-" Percy gets cut off by Luke speaking.
"I know Percy. You'll be keeping an eye on us." He said. "I'm guessing you don't want to be Uncle Percy anytime soon."
I could practically hear Luke smirking, his statement made my cheeks heat up quickly. My eyes widen and my smile falls. I knew if I was there, Percy and Luke would make fun of my face for years to come. I could tell by the silence that Percy was feeling a bit uncomfortable as well. Even though I'm sure him and Annabeth have sneaked away to the forest before and done some things. I figured I better save Percy from embarrassment. My face had calmed down a little but my heart was pounding a little at the thought of me and Luke.... but I digress. I quickly open the door and I walk inside.
"Sorry I took so long Per- oh hey Luke." I acted like I didn't just overhear their whole conversation. I walked to Luke and kissed his cheek. I glanced at Percy who was grabbing his bags, probably to distract him from being embarrassed after what Luke said.
"Are you ready Jo?" Luke asked.
Ever since I read little women and raved about how much I related to Jo, Luke has called me Jo. He's the only one who does. He hasn't called me any pet names yet. No baby girl, no babe or princess. Just Jo, Jojo or Josie.
I nodded and grabbed my backpack and my duffel bag. "Ready." I smiled.
"You have everything? Your mp3?" He asked.
I nodded. "Yes I said I have everything." I said reassuringly. He knew how much my music meant to me. He knew how much I loved my MP3 player. Since my mother grave it to me.
"Do you have your dagger?" Luke asked.
I nodded and held up my left wrist to show him a blue cord with clear beads on it. A bracelet that Chiron gave me. Luke looked confused. "Chiron turned it into a bracelet. For easy access and now I'm able to take it anywhere. And my bow," I hold up my right wrist and there is a metal bracelet, a silver one with 'The ocean is calling' engraved in it. "All I need to do is tap each one and my weapons will be in my hands."
"Really? Like my pen." Percy said walking over to us.
"Yeah like your pen. Oh and here Luke." I reach into my jean pocket and take out a black leather cord with a charm on it. I hand it to him. It was long, it could go down to his chest. "It should break away easily. When you yank it off of your neck, your sword will appear in your hands. And when you want it back as a necklace, you just need to touch it to your neck." I smiled.
He takes it in his hands and smiled. "Why is there a trident? Did Chiron think it was for you?" He asked
"No I changed the charm from a caduceus." I smiled.
"It's perfect." He said slipping it over his head and laying it flat on his chest. I smiled up at him. His eyes meet mine again, he leans in for a kiss and I do too but Percy interrupts us.
"Come on love birds, we gotta go."

(There it is, chapter 16! Also I'm putting the story under editing. I've already changed some things but it needs some work.)