Chapter Five

I was at the place where I last saw Luke. I was nervous and excited. I needed answers. I looked around the dark underworld, in hopes he would show up. I waited and waited. I gave up and sat on the ground. I might as well just go back to camp and pretend none of this ever happened. I took out my dagger and started drawing lines in the black dirt.
" Look who is back." I hear a voice say. I look up to see the blond boy. He sits next to me. "What are you doing back here?"
"I needed answers" I say.
"Answers to what?"
"Why did you....talk to me yesterday?"
He looked at me with his...icy blue eyes. "I don't know. I saw you and I came over from the Elysium.When I got to you, I felt you were different that all the other Demigods I knew"
I was silent.
" Who is your Godly parent?" He asked.
"Poseidon" I say.
"That's why you remind me so much of this other demigod I knew. His name is Percy. Do you know him?"
"Yes, we live in the same cabin."
"You don't say." He said sarcastically
"What about you. Who is your Godly parent?"
"Hermes."
"Oh" I say "What's your story?"
" Well, I went to camp when I was a bit younger."
He told me a story of a girl named Talia and how she died. He also told me of when they found Annabeth.He also told me more about the war.
"Kronos was going to over take the Gods with a bunch of demigods by his side.The Demigods won."
"Did you die fighting?"
"I was stabbed." He lift his left arm and lifts his shirt. There is a line about as wide as my blade. I reach out and the tips of my fingers touch the wound. I feel him flinch.
"Sorry."
"No,no it's ok."
I take my hand away and he lets his shirt cover the mark. I look up at him, we are inches away from each other. His eyes stare into mine. I turn away. My face heats up.I must be a blushing mess.
"Tell me about you." He said
" I got to camp about a month ago. I have a protective older brother and I love musicals." I say.
He chuckled "Interesting."
I smile. We continue to talk about camp, our parents, everything in general. We don't have much in common, but we both listen to each other.
"I've always been mad at my dad. For leaving me, and other reasons."
"I know how you feel. I always try to get in contact with my dad, nothing works."
"RIGHT! And I would expect that your dad would at least try to get in touch with you cause your one of the only children of Poseidon."
"Well it's not that way."
"No. We wish it were. I mean they gave us life. The least they could do was show us that they know we exist."
I nod. We talk for a long time. I finally realized that I should probably get back to camp.
"I got to go Luke. It was really nice talking to you." I say as I get up.
"It was nice to talk to you too, Josie."
I smile at him and rush back to the portal. I climb the stares. I exit Zeus' fist. I rush back to camp. The horn blew in the distance. How long were me and Luke talking? What time was it? Why was my stomach full of butterflies? I get to the mess hall. I see a very worried Andrew. Oh no. He spots me.
"Josie!" His eyes widened. He storms to me. "Where on Zeus' earth where you?!"
"What did the horn blow for?" I ask
"Dinner, but don't change the subject!"
I was in the underworld, talking to Luke until DINNER! What!?
"I was swimming."I lie
He narrows his eyebrows at me. He didn't believe me. "Where were you!?" He asked me again.
"Fine I was in the woods and I climbed a tree and feel asleep. HAPPY?!" I lied again.
He still didn't believe me.
"Let's go eat." He said with gritted teeth.
I do the normal routine and sit down. It wasn't until I started to eat that I realized that I was so hungry. I could see Andrew stare at me from the Hades table. I ignore him. After dinner I head back to the cabin and sleep.
I was awoke by my shoulder being sook.
"Josie....Jojo." Percy said quietly.
"Hmmm." I say sleepily
"Um...Andrew is outside...he is pretty mad and.....he asked to see you."
Crap.
I get up slowly. I brush my fingers through my hair. I go to the door and open it.
"You summed me?" I ask sarcastically.
"Yes" He grabs my arm and drags me behind the cabin. " I'm going to ask One...More...Time. Where were you all day."
I don't say a thing.
"Josie!"
I sigh. "Fine. I was down in the underworld talking to Luke. All day." I say. I cross my arms.
"Why?"
"I needed to know who he was and why he talked to me in the first place"
  He was silent. The stern face that he was melting off. He looks down. There was a moment of silence. I feel the grass on my bare feet. The wind blows through my black and purple hair. The trees make the sound of rain as the wind blows through them.He looks back up. In one swift move he wraps his arm around my waist and kisses me.
  His lips are warm and inviting. He wraps his other arm around me and pulls me closer. My hands are against his chest. My fingers curl around his shirt. He pulls away.
"Wow." He said. He comes in for another one. All of the emotions that a human could possibly have are going through my head. I turn my head to the left. His lips touch my cheek. I push off his chest and his arms release me. I make eye contact with him one more time,then I run back to the front of the cabin. I rush back to my bunk. I instantly turn on my MP3 player and plug the earbuds in my ears. I press play and the Avengers theme plays. I listen to it and tap my foot with the beat.
Why did he kiss me?
Is he in love with me?
Why....?
The questions swarmed in my head. I listened to music until I was very tired. I shut it off and took the earbuds out of my ears. I didn't change out of my shorts and t-shirt. I laid in bed, tossing and turning. The kiss engraved in my mind. I lay there. After hours of no sleep, my eyes shut and I fall asleep.