Chapter Seven

An image of Joseph in the kitchen appears in the rainbow. He was wearing a plaid shirt and jeans. He was doing the dishes.
"Joseph!!" I say.
He turns around, his face lights up with a smile as he sees me. He wipes his hands then runs to the iris message.
"JOSIE!! My baby sis! I missed you so much!" He says.
"Hi Joseph! I miss you too!" I smile. I hesitate. "Hey...um....I have a bit of a...predicament" I say.
He looked concerned. "What is it lovey?"
"Umm...I...ah..." I take a deep breath and continue to tell him about Luke and Andrew kissing me, plus everything else that has gone on.
"So, let me get this straight. The Gods are bringing a dead demigod that started a war in hopes that you can change his mind on the Gods."
I nod.
"Wow."
"I know. That's why I called you,to see if you have some advise to give me on what to do. They gave me until tomorrow at noon for me to give the an answer."
He scratches his beard and thinks.
"Well if the Gods believe that you could change Luke for the good...then I would say yes because they believe you can do it. I believe you could do it."
"And if I can't?"
"Then...hopefully they won't blame you."
"Thanks Joseph."
"No problem lovey."
"I got to go Joseph. I love you."
"Oooh no. We still have to talk about Andrew kissing you."
I thought he had forgot.
"What's there to talk about" I say
"How did it make you feel?"
"I don't know. I kissed him before I called you."
"And..."
"I don't know. I feel like if the whole thing with Luke wasn't going on...I would want to date him." I say smiling at the last part.
"Do you... are you...in love with him?"
"I don't know"I say.
"Ok. You better give the Gods an answer."
I could tell he didn't want to pressure me.
"Bye. I love you." I say
"I love you too. So much."
I smile at him, before I swipe my hand through the image. Making it disappear. I scoop up another coin and toss it through the rainbow that reappeared.
"Poseidon. Olympus. 600th floor. Empire State Building."
I wait. He appears talking with Hermes.
"...I've got a good feeling about this." Hermes said.
"How do you suppose?" My dad asked.
"She is a wonderful girl. I've seen the way he has looked at her."
"Are you sure this is not all part of a plan of his?"
"Positive."
I decide to speak up now.
"Father? Hermes?"
They turn to me. Their faces light up.
"Ahh. Hello, my girl." Poseidon said.
"Father, I have an answer for you." I stand with confidence. I quickly continue, wanting this to be over with. "I would be honored to change Luke's heart for good."
Hermes smiles and Poseidon nods.
"Thank you Josie Johnson." Hermes said.
"Um...I have one question though." I say.
"Yes, my daughter"
"Everyone knows who Luke is...they all are going to hate him and probably want to...kill him to make sure he won't try to take over Olympus again." I say
"I...didn't think about that." Hermes said, looking at Poseidon.
"I did. I was thinking we could erase everyones memory of Luke and what he did. The war won't be erased, just the memory of who started it all. I won't erase the memory from you, obviously. Luke on the other hand...we could also just erase his memory of the him starting the war. That could stop him from having any ideas." Poseidon said.
I nod. "But, if you erase his memory than you don't need me."
"The girls right. Let's let him keep his memory." Hermes said. Poseidon nods. "Perfect! Now Josie come to Mount Olympus and all of the Gods will bring Luke back to life."
"Ok"
Time skip
The elevator of the Empire State Building went up for what felt like an eternity. When the doors finally opened, I was in awe. Olympus was beautiful. I walk the marbled pathway to the main building. I open the heavy doors and walk in. I spot a door that says "Throne Room". I knock.
"Come in" a voice said.
I walk in to see all of the Gods in there thrones. They all look at me. I feel very intimidated with all of their eyes staring at me with the force that they are.
"Welcome Josie Johnson." Zeus said. "We have brought you here to change Luke's heart. If that's possible." He looks at Hermes.
They all get up and make a circle around me.
"Hades, this is your job." Poseidon said to the God of death. Hades nods. He continues "Now Josie once Luke is back, he is going to be erased from everyone's memory. Remember?"
I nod.
Poseidon looks at Hades and nods.
Hades mumbles a few ancient words and a wind picks up around us. My breathing gets heavier. I stand with my eyes shut tight. About one more minute of wind and it stops. I hear a thump in front of me. I look up to see a body laying down. I quickly run between Zeus and Poseidon, to the body. I kneel down next to it. It's Luke. He is wearing black sneakers, black jeans,a black shirt and a black leather jacket. Sounds like something I would wear when I was in middle school. I lift his head on my lap. His blond hair is messy and his eyes are shut. They suddenly flutter open.
"Josie?" He asked in a soft voice.
I nod and smile at him. I help him sit up.
"Where..." Luke looks around confused.
"It's a long story. I'll explain on the way to camp." I say.
He looks at me. His eyes staring into mine.
"Come on." I say.
I help him stand up. He wobbles around a little, then balances on his feet. I walk him to the Gods.
"Luke" Hermes said looking at his son. "Here" he hands him a duffle bag. "This has the essentials."
Luke takes the bag from his father with a mad look on his face. He resented his father.
"Off to camp with you two." Hermes said. I could hear a little nervousness in his voice.
I nod. I grab Luke's arm and headed to the elevator. We step in and I press the button to the bottom floor.
"So, why exactly am I alive again?" Luke asks me as the elevator descended.
"Well..." I say, playing with the hem of my shirt. I don't know if I was aloud to tell him,so I lie. "Your father argued to the rest of the Gods that you still had a long life ahead of you and that you died too early."
"Oh" he nods.
"Everyone doesn't know about you starting the war. Well, more like they don't know who you are."
"Really?!"
"Yep. Their minds are completely erased of you. Your father wanted you to have a second chance. He went the extra mile."
He goes quite. The elevator descended down. Until it got to the lobby. The doors open and we step out.