Chapter fifteen

(here it is. The next chapter after the cliffhanger. I just felt that it wouldn't be PJO without a cliffhanger)

Don't get me wrong. I was so nervous. I had no idea what I did to get called into the big house...again. And we already ruled out the option that I had a new sibling. So what could it be? I was motioned to, to sit down on the couch again and I do. My anxiety was through the roof and I just wanted to learn what was going on.

"Alright Josie" Chiron said
"Yes Chiron?" I said, my voice steady, or I tried to keep my voice steady.
"We have a quest for you" He said.
My heart goes from racing to practically jumping into my throat from excitement. "Wait really?" I ask.
He nodded "It's about your father and his trident" He said "It went missing about a month ago. And of course Poseidon is blaming the other gods. So there is a war practically raging in Olympus"
"is that why the lake has been...weird?" I ask. I couldn't explain it but the lake just felt different. The water plants and the water was just less fresh and just dull.
"It might be" Chiron said. "He wants you to visit him and he will tell you more about the situation"
I nod. "Alright, when do I leave?"
"You will leave tomorrow night. Just head to the shore leading to the Atlantic ocean and a hippocampus should be there to take you to him" He explained.
I nodded once again.
"Now it's time for your prophecy" He said.
"Rachel?" I ask. I loved the girl. She was so cool. I've only talked to her once or twice but I still think she is cool.
Chiron nodded "You can come out now" he called out to a door. She pops out in her red haired glory. Ok maybe she is my girl crush.
"Hey Josie i guess its time fo-" She didn't even finish her statement before she froze. Her eyes glowed green and green smoke appeared coming from her eyes and mouth "The planet of justice foretells . The girl of the sea will restore the city. The boy of the messenger will restore the justice with her. A time of prosperity will follow."
I listened to every word of the prophecy. From what Percy told me, it may not make sense for now but it will soon. Rachel was back to normal. "There ya go" she chuckled.
"Thanks. Rachel." I say and I was about to leave when I remembered about the whole thing with three people going on a quest. "Wait, don't I need two others to go with me?" She asked
"Yes." Chiron said. "You can choose them"
"Oh ok'' I say excitedly since I knew who I would choose. "Bye Chiron"
"Good Luck Josie. I know you won't let your father down"
"thanks Mr.C" I say as I rush out. I felt so much pressure on my shoulders to not let down my dad.

My first instinct was to tell Luke of course so I rushed to where I saw him last. I come to a screeching stop as I realize something. What if Luke sees this opportunity to take over again, what if he takes the trident for himself and he...no. He wouldn't, would he? I couldn't risk it. But I couldn't just leave him behind. He would ask why and he would learn because I would tell him, I would feel bad. He would get so mad at me for not trusting him. And I have the responsibility to change him. So I had to take him with me. As I was overthinking all of my future decisions, Luke found me before I found him. I must have looked frightened or anxious because he looked worried for me as he approached me.
"Josie is everything ok?" He asked frantically. "Are you being kicked out of camp? Did the ares kid harass you again?" he rambled off with questions. His hands cupped my face as he asks.
"No no Luke. Everything is fine" I say.
"Ok" He said sighing in relief.
He pulls away from me and the two of us walk to the lake. As we do I explain the quest and recite the prophecy to him.
"Well Son of the messenger" Luke sighs "That's me"
The two of us sit on the dock as we continue our conversation. "Yeah. So you are coming with me" I say "Along with one other person" She said.
"Not Death boy!" Luke said.
"No no I wouldn't bring him along. Don't worry" I reassure him.
"Good" He said and ran a hand through his hair.
"Maybe I could take another Hermes kid?" He asked
"I don't know" I said. "Or maybe...I know someone"
"Who?" He asked.
"She is a daughter of Athena. Maybe we need some brains on the crew?" I ask.
"Sure. Why not" He said agreeing.
"Alright.I'll ask her tonight then"
"That's three." He said.
I could tell he was thinking about something. I couldn't tell what though. So I just brushed it off. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I herd the horn for lunch blow in the distance. We both get up and head to the pavilion for lunch, hand in hand.

(A/N: hey guys. Sorry for the short chapter. Its almost 3 am for me so I just wanted to get it out there. Also i'm so sorry if i'm not getting any facts right or if the prophecy is bs, or if the quest is unoriginal but i just wanted a quest to happen soooo....if anyone has a problem with them, just don't read anymore ;-: that's it. Bye guys)