Chapter twenty-four

It was like the yacht was made for teenage Demi gods who would be bored to death with a six day trip across the Atlantic Ocean. There was a movie theater room with couches instead of the normal seating with a snack and drink bar off to the side. There was a game room with pingpong, a game with small basketballs, a bowling alley, AND a tv with every console imaginable. There was the dining room and the hot tub, which I already saw. On the top floor of the yacht was the control room with the wheel. I guess we could take control if we needed to. Luke stayed by my side with his hand in mind. But I was distracted. My mind was still on the make out session we just had. His taste still lingered on my lips and my heart was racing. I longed for more. But I knew better then to overstep my boundaries and chase him away.

We had found Percy in his room playing with his sword. I walked into his room.
"Oh hey, there you two are" he gets up and puts his cap back on the sword which turns back into his pen. He slipped it back into his pocket.
"We explored the ship and it's amazing." I say.
"Really?"
I nodded and Percy follows us to the rest of the ship. He was just as amazed as I was. He agreed that dad definitely didn't want us to be bored so he made it for a group of demigods.

The rest of the day was filled with playing video games together. I know, boring. But the three of us haven't exactly experienced modern technology for a while since we are campers. It was less of us playing video games and more of me beating them at video games. Racing games, fighting games. Just about everything. Causing the guys to complain about it.
"It's just beginners luck boys. I'm sure if we keep playing you guys will win." I say putting the controller on my lap.
"Let's stop for today." Percy said.
Luke nodded. "Yeah, you guys wanna watch a movie? There's a movie room."
I nodded excitedly and got up. Percy shuts off the console and the tv before we all head to the theater. I instantly walked to the snack bar. Grabbing a bag of chips and a chocolate bar. There was also a fridge with sodas. I grabbed a cherry coke before heading to the couch. Both boys walked to the snack bar as I sat down on the couch. There was a large screen tv on the wall. Grabbing the remote as I sat down. Sitting crisscross and placing the coke in my lap. Turning on the tv, I see that there was a myriad of movies. From fantasy to horror to rom coms. Luke and Percy both sides of me.
"What should we watch?" I asked.
"Disney movie?" Percy suggested.
"Sure. I'm down for that." I nodded.
Scrolling through the movies, we decided on The Lion King. My favorite. I held back from singing along and saying all the lines. I've seen it so many times I've practically memorized it. It was one of the movies I loved as a kid. Scar is my favorite Disney character. I know he isn't the ideal favorite character for a child but he was. It was his ambition and sarcasm. Where I probably got most of my personality. And that's probably a red flag. Luke better watch out. So when 'Be Prepared' comes on, I can't help but smile and mouth the words. I set my coke aside, pulling my knees to my chest and resting my chin on my knees. Watching the musical number go on with a smile.
"I forgot he's your favorite." Percy chuckled.
I told him about how I watched the movie as a kid over and over. And how Scar was my favorite. We were just getting to know each other more. Talking about our childhoods.
"Scar is your favorite?" Luke asked.
I looked at him and nodded. "Kinda a red flag Huh?"
"Nala isn't your favorite? The badass lioness?" He asked
"I mean I like her too but Scar is my favorite character."
"In this movie?"
"Overall Disney character." I clarified.
Luke chuckled and wraps an arm around me. "I don't know if I should be terrified or impressed."
I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder, putting my feet back on the ground in front of me. The movie continued and I stayed close to Luke. It's odd. We are a couple but we haven't done something like this. Dating someone at camp is much different then dating someone in the outside world. While cuddling and watching a movie with your boyfriend may be a common practice for a non camper. But a date night for me and Luke is playing capture the flag with swords and knives. Or training together in the arena. Something that would be very odd to an average couple. But Demi gods aren't average kids so we wouldn't make average couples. It was nice, watching a movie with Luke. Even if Percy was with us. I made note to set up a date night for us. Maybe we can have dinner together and watch a movie. Like an average couple. Except we are on a yacht. It should be nice. I don't think we've gone on an actual date since we confessed our feelings to each other. We've hung out a lot but we haven't called it a date. I'll talk to him about it. Get his opinion.
As the movie finished, we all started to stretch. Standing from the couch and cleaning up our garbage. I turned off the tv, setting the remote aside again before looking at the boys.
"I guess we should all head to bed Huh?" I asked.
Percy nodded and yawned as if on cue. "Yeah, definitely. Night." He smiled and heads out of the theater room.
I walked to the trash can and threw away my soda bottle.
"You gonna head to bed too?" Luke asked.
"Maybe. I might read for a bit." I walked to him. "Hey, I was thinking." The two of us headed to the door and out of the theater room.  "What we just did, was something that normal couples do all the time. Minus my half brother being there."
"Cuddling and watching a movie." Luke nodded.
"So I got me thinking. What if we did a date night?" I asked, slipping my hand in his. "We are free for the next few days. Not worrying about the quest yet."
"A date night." He repeats. "Yeah I liked that."
"Ok sweet. I was thinking-."
"Can I set it up?" Luke interrupts me.
"You want to set it up?" I asked.
He nodded. "It is traditional for the man to set up the date."
"You know I don't care about conforming to societal gender norms."
"I know but I want to do it. For you."
By now we made it to my room. "Yeah, that sounds nice."
"When should we do our date?" He walked inside with me.
"Whenever you want to love." I smiled. "After all, you're the one setting it up."
"Alright. Night Jo." He quickly kisses me goodnight before leaving my room.
"Night Luke."
He closed the door behind him. I get dressed in pjs before climbing into bed. Since I wasn't tired yet, I decided to read to make myself tired.