Chapter Six

For the past three or four weeks I have gone to the underworld, behind Andrew's back, and talked to Luke. We tell each other the deep stuff and we have connected. I've learned so much about him. He has learned all there is to know about me.  One day after we were done talking, Hades found me and asked me to come inside his castle and talk. I agree and walk in. I fallow him into his office.
"What do you need me for?" I ask.
"Well..."
I enter the room to see Hermes and.... my dad! I bow, I had no idea what else to do. I hear Hermes chuckle.
"No need for that. Josie you are one extraordinarily girl." Hermes said.
"In deed" Poseidon said.
I look at the two Gods who are standing in front of me.
"Hades called you hear because we know about you talking to Luke." Hermes said.
"How..." I ask.
"We are Gods my child. We have our ways."Poseidon said.
Hades chimes in "One of the furies told me that she saw you two talking. I kept an eye on you for a few days and then I told your father and Luke's father."
"We have herd what you guys have talked about. You two have gotten close" Hermes said.
I'm silent.
"We were hoping..." Hermes continues "that you could...maybe you..."
Poseidon finishes for him. "Maybe you can change his mind about us."
"What do you mean?" I ask
"Luke despises the Gods. He has told you that the war was because of him?"
The words reach me. My stomach dose a few flips and no words come out of my mouth. He started it!? He was the one who tried to bring down Olympus!?
"I'll take that as a no. Luke was the mortal body that Kronos took over in order to take down the Gods." Hades said. " As you probably know. They lost."
Kronos invalidated Luke's body?! But...b-but. No, that can't be true.
"It's true my dear" Poseidon said as if he read my mind.
I was...shook. That's the only way I could describe it. This sweet blond boy...tried to take over the world?!
" We have a plan Josie." Hermes said. "We want you to be friends with him and make him see how the Gods aren't as bad as we seem"
"How?" I ask, still very confused.
"By bringing him....back to life." Hades said.
Wait...WHAT?! They are going to bring him back to...life?
"We are hopping to give him a second chance." Hermes says with a sad look on his face.
"Now you don't have to say yes today but we do expect an answer by tomorrow at noon.Ok Josie?" Poseidon said.
I nod.
"Good. Now time to get back to camp. Lunch is almost starting."
A bubble forms around me and I start to float away. I look down to see the three Gods watching me. I look back forward. Thoughts swarming my mind. Back to life? Me change Luke's mind? Are me and him really that close? I was headed toward the ceiling. I floated through the roof, then the ground. I float up into a field. The light blue bubble pops and I drop to the ground. I recognize the clearing. I spot the top of the mess hall over the tops of the trees and head to it. I walk out of the woods. I see everyone running to the mess hall. I spot Andrew. I duck my head, hoping he doesn't notice me. I rush through the line and sacrifice my food to my father. I go to my table and eat. I eat in peace until Andrew comes over to the table.
"Hey!" He said. He leans in for a kiss. I usually block the kiss and run off. At least that is what has happened the past few weeks. I don't duck. His lips come in contact with my cheek. He pulls away and stands up straight, a very surprised look on his face. I don't know how I feel to Ande. I mean we have been friends since I got to camp almost. I look at Percy and he also has a surprised look on his face. He looks up at Andrew with a look in his eyes that says 'back off my half-sister!'. Ande gets the point and leaves.
"What was that about?" He asked. I say nothing.
He slides his plate over by me. He gets up and moves to the spot on the bench next to me. He sits down. He wraps his arms around my shoulders from the side. I smile as he awkwardly hugs my shoulders.
"What's wrong?" He asked me.
"Nothing.I'm just tired" I lie
"Ok"
"I might just go to the cabin after and sleep"
He nods. I finish eating and get rid of my plate. I walk to my cabin. I hear footsteps behind me. I look at the ground as Andrew catches up to me. He puts his arm around my waist. I move away from him. His arm drops. He moves closer to me, closing the gap between us.
"What's up?" He asked
"Nothing" I say quietly.
"Where are you off to?"
"My cabin"
"Oh"
"Yeah"
Awkward silence comes over us. We get to my cabin, we both stop at the door and face each other. His brown eyes stare into mine. I stare at his features. His tanner skin, his soft jawline,his mouth,his neck. Was I falling..in...love....with him? No! I couldn't. He is to close of a friend. I...I...
I was on my tip toes, reaching up to him. My lips smashed against his. My hand was on his neck. His hands were on my waist. Our lips move in sink. I pull him closer. We pull away, still in each other's arms.
" Ande... I don't know how I feel about you yet.."
"Do you love me?"
"I don't know."
He lets go of me. He walks away, leaving me in front of my cabin. I felt as if I wanted to cry. A tear escapes my eye. I wipe it off and walk inside. There is so much going on around me. I can think of anything anymore. I knew who to turn to. I rush to the fountain. I scoop up a golden drachma. The sun shines through the window and a rainbow appears.
"Goddess, except my offering." I say. "Joseph Johnson. Apartment building on west 42nd street. Room 460."