Chapter twenty-eight

"What was that all about?" Luke asked.
I waved from the bow of the yacht. The pod retreating back into the ocean. I was able to get a good look at the largest males, Jack's, fluke. As he breached out of the water again and dove back into the water. I saw the shape, size, design and color. I knew making an orca fluke necklace would be a nice reminder of my pod. I looked at Luke.
"I was reading on the lounge chair when I heard a distress signal. From the water. It was the orca pod. The youngest baby's fluke got caught in a fishing net." I pulled it from my pocket. "I cut him free and healed his tail. Then I stopped a great white who smelled the little ones blood. Then I asked the oldest male to help me back to the ship. So he did."
"By leaping over it?" Percy asked.
"I asked him to do that." I chuckled. "I saw you two on deck and decided to show off."
"Well it was impressive." Luke smiled.
"Thank you." I looked behind me and saw the dorsal fins in the distance. "They are my favorite animal." I turned back to them. "I freaking love being a daughter of Poseidon."
Despite my interaction with my favorite animal, it didn't stop my nerves. Something about this quest didn't seem right. Like something is going to go horrible wrong. Maybe that's just because it's my first quest. Throughout watching movies with the guys and spending time to myself, I couldn't help but only think about what we will do when we get to the UK. To relax, I realized I could relax in the hot tub. The sun was setting and everything seemed to be calm. After putting on my swim suit I packed, I walked to the hot tub. I know, a daughter of Poseidon wearing a swimsuit? I have it, I might as well use it. Don't need a towel though.
I do manage to figure out the settings for the hot tub before I climb in. Getting settled and leaning against the side. Letting the warm water soak my body. My eyes look to the sky to watch the sunset as we made our way through the ocean. I just let my thoughts sink away in the water. No matter what, it always helps to swim to relax in the waves. My anxiety seems to wash away.
"Do you mind if I join you?"
My eyes drifted down to see Luke. With a towel in his arms. I smiled at the sight of him. "I don't mind at all."
Putting his towel aside and slipping his shirt from his torso. Now, my eyes are glued to him. Taking in every inch of his chiseled torso. Making my cheeks heat up. I quickly look away as he climbs into the hot tub with me. He sits next to me and I nestle myself closer to him. I still feel like a girl who has a silly crush. When in reality I'm dating Luke. It still feels surreal. All of it. From learning I'm a Demi god to everything that has happened at camp. And of course Luke being brought back.
I softly sigh as I rest my head on his shoulder. It seemed liked his boyfriend senses tingled. "What's wrong Jo?"
"I'm just nervous about the quest that's all."
"What's making you nervous?" He asks. His arm held me close to him. His hand rests on my side.
"Well...you two are both incredible Demi-gods while I just learned I was one. Like a few months ago. I feel like I'm just a tagalong..." no use in lying to him.
"Hey hey." He looks down at me and I look up at him. "You're not a tagalong. You are the one who hit the prophecy. If anything Percy is the tagalong since he wasn't even in the prophecy."
That made me chuckle. "Thanks Luke" I lean upward and kissed him. He kisses me back. We pull away and I go back to relaxing on his shoulder. I still felt anxious but having anxiety meant everything made me anxious. He was right after all. At this point I'm just letting my anxiety get the best of me. It's possible I'm just nervous about what we could find at the end of this quest.
As it became later, we called it a night. I felt myself drifting off thanks to the warmth of the water and Luke's calming presence. The both of us wrap towel around us before heading below deck. Passing by the gaming room, we could hear the TV going. Percy must be inside. I decide not to disturb him. Knowing I'll see him in the morning. As we walked by Luke's bedroom, he slips his hand in mine.
"Are you going to join me tonight?" He asks.
"That sounded very sexual." I chuckle.
"It wasn't meant to be." He chuckled as well.
"Lemme change and I'll be back." I say with a smile.
"Okay." He nods. 
Luke and I separate as I walked down the hallway to my bedroom. After closing the door behind me, I dry off fully. Thankfully, it was made easy. I slipped on my usual shorts and a shirt that I use as night clothes before brushing through my hair. I braid my hair down my back and tie it off before leaving my room to head to Luke's. My knuckles knocked on his door three times.
"Come in." His voice replied.
I push open the door and my eyes land on him sitting on the edge of the bed. Holding his sword over his lap and shining it with a cloth. My heart races as my eyes scan over him. But I quickly shake out of it. Hearing me walk in, he turns to see me. A smile forming on his face.
"Shining your sword?" I ask, walking to the bed and sitting with him.
"Yeah." He chuckled and looked at the blade. "I use to have a sword that was made of tempered steel and Celestial Bronze. It could kill mortals or demigods. I called it 'Backbiter'. When Kronos was killed, it melted into Hestia's hearth."
I rest my chin on his shoulder as he spoke. "Sounds pretty badass."
He turns to look at me. "It was."
He leans in and presses his lips against mine. I kiss him back. We pull away and he puts away his sword. I slip under the covers and he joins me. I smile and scoot closer to him. Curling up against him as his arms wrap around my body. I nuzzle against his chest and slowly fall asleep to the feeling of his hands sliding up and down my back.