Weird

Welcome to my story, a bit of a warning this is gonna be a bit more slowburn than other chishiya stories I have seen and it mostly follows y/n as if she was in the series and doesn't always focus on the romantic aspect of her and chishiya, but their relationship is a big part this book, so pls dont leave :(

Also this is my first story but I have a lot of others in construction hehe, so look out for those if you're interested :)

This story will be in 1st person but I will change it up a bit sometimes, but don't worry I will tell you when I do, anyway enjoy the book.

_______________________________________

Y/n's POV

I woke up to my alarm forcing me to get up and out of bed for work.
I had a strong desire to turn it off and go back to sleep, but the thought of my boss, who already hates me, firing me made me have enough courage to get up and go to work in spite of him.

I work as a nurse. Not that I don't like my job, but the main reason I do it is for my mom. She is dying and it seems like almost everybody is ready to give up on her except me, who takes care of her most of the time along with a couple of my close colleagues. My dad isn't in the picture and to be honest I kinda like it better like that, he never cared about me or my mom so I don't care about him.

My boss is probably the worst part of my day, he seems to make it an objective to make my life a living hell. He is constantly reminding me he could fire me at any time, and he holds my mom's illness above my head as a way to make it seem like I owe him something. It never works for him though cause I know that even if he fires me, my other colleagues would look over her for me. But there's still a part of me scared that if I can't pay for her to be cared for, nobody would help me or hesitate to pull the plug.

I lazily get ready and make my way to work, a smile on my face as I remember the only reason I'm ever happy anymore.

My three closest friends Arisu, Karube, and Chota. We have been best friends for as long as I can remember. All having very dysfunctional lives, which seems to make us closer.

As soon as I get to work, I clock in and then go to my moms room. Checking in routinely as the day goes on while also taking care of other responsibilities. My boss watching me like a hulk the whole time.

I came out of my mom's room and unlucky for me, today my boss seemed to be in a worse mood than he usually is. My heart stared beating a little faster when I notice him walking up to me. Taking long strides until he's right in front of me.

"Hey boss," I say as nicely as I can to make him calm down a bit.

"I heard you didn't do my paperwork," He said very angrily

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize doing your job was in my payroll," I said with a hint of sarcasm

"I would watch your mouth, you know what I can do," he spat at me, making me realize how much uglier he gets when he's mad. I make a disgusted face at him.

"You wouldn't like it very much if your poor mother no longer had her caretaker, would you?" he continued

"Yeah right . . . you've threatened me enough times for me to know that you don't have that authority," I said in my most intimidating voice I could muster up at that moment. But before I could realize how much damage I actually did to myself, I saw him with an evil grin on his face.

He turned around to a guard that stays in the hospital for any emergencies and signals him over.

I realized how much of a mistake i've actually made at that moment and all I could feel running through me was anger and regret.