The Beach

Me, Arisu, and Usagi spent the rest of the night walking, finding a place to stay. It was early morning when we stopped at a little boardwalk under the bridge, looking at the ocean in front of us.

The view was quite peaceful considering the world we were in.

I could hear Arisu telling Usagi something,  but I was too into my own little world to hear what they were saying.

"The Beach?" Usagi questions and pulls me out of my daze.

I look at them, now interested in the topic at hand. The place that Karube was so insistent on finding.

"Maybe the people who disappeared are there." Arisu suggests leaning onto the railing in front of us.

"Could it be some sort of evacuation shelter?" Usagi asks.

"I don't know."

"Even if it isn't, we could still possibly get some answers," I tell them, "to understand where we are and how we got here."

Arisu looks at me nodding his head, "I'm sure we will find answers there."

"I want to believe in what Karube said... I'll avenge everyone, I'll stop the mastermind of this game and return the world to how it was before," Aris tells us, looking at the beautiful view in front of him.

He looks at us, before stating in a confident voice, "I will live. To do that, I must go to the beach."

"You won't be alone." I tell him, giving him a trusting smile.

We found a couple bicycles nearby and took them with us to start our search for The Beach. I rode on my own bicycle, while Arisu and Usagi took the other one. I made it a note in my head that they would be cute together. I giggle to myself thinking about it... Dating? In this world, it seems impossible. My mind went back to Zeizan from the bus game and what he told us, "Having friends makes the difference between winning and losing." Maybe that applies to relationships too.

I decide to stop thinking about it, and instead keep myself focused on not falling off the bike I'm pedalling. My sore body makes the bike wobble as my feet involuntarily stop at random moments.

I can't help but feel peaceful though, the beautiful sky makes it hard for me to focus on the bad things going on. The fresh air makes my hair fly as I ride the bicycle down the bridge, a tiny bit of me feels bad that there's probably not many people that can enjoy things like this.

We ended up setting up a tent on a beach, not The Beach, but a beach. Staying there for a few days to gather information.

We spent days searching for The Beach, going to game arenas and asking people if they know anything about it. We never actually registered in the games, thankfully, all of us were smart enough not to go through the laser border so we weren't stuck in participating.

The days were counting down though, of the day our visas were to expire, I had a couple more days than them because of the game I played with Chishiya...

Chishiya? I wonder if he's okay...

I feel my face heat up a little bit. I'm not sure why though. Thankfully the night was cool enough to calm it down before anybody sees it, I don't want to worry them.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Arisu asks.

Nevermind then.

"Huh?... Oh yeah, I'm okay, just...thinking," I respond.

Usagi looks at me weird before shaking it off and announcing, "If we don't participate in a game soon, our visas will expire."

Arisu throws down a spoon he was using to eat, looking down at a piece of paper, "My visa will only last for another three days."