King of Spades

It took a little while for things to die down, even then, we were still on alert. We had been hiding behind the car, still looking around once in a while for any signs of danger. But at least now we could catch our breath.

"Here you go. . ." I look over and see Chishiya handing me some sort of bottle, "A good luck charm."

"What is this?"

"A bomb."

A chuckle escapes my mouth, "A bomb? How'd you make it?"

He smirks, "I'll tell you later. . . use it if you're ever in a pinch."

I take it from his hand and put it somewhere safe before looking around the car once again, this time not seeing a sign of Arisu or Usagi. I go to tell Chishiya but stop when I hear a sound from the other side. I let out a sigh of relief and see that they have made it over to where we are, with Arisu carrying someone around his shoulders. I go to move towards them, before realizing I'm safer where I'm at. I notice Arisu lay the guy down on the floor, seemingly dead.

"Arisu!"

He looks up at me and we make eye contact. I can tell he seems deep in thought about something, but before I can ask him what the matter is, Kuina yells over to the two of them.

"Are you guys hurt?"

Usagi gives a slight nod but Arisu still seems distracted by something. I look back down at the guy lying dead, before following Arisu's gaze to the road and I see a man all in black, concealing a weapon as he shoots everyone in sight.

"We're screwed here," Kuina voiced from aside of me. I try not to freak out, knowing she's right, but also knowing that there's no other option.

"We'll get shot if we run," Usagi retorts, but a car honk from behind us grabs our attention and rolls up to where we are. We all look over just in time to see Tatta look over the Driver's side of the car.

"Get in!"

"Tatta!"

We all let out a sigh of relief, being more than happy seeing Tatta.

"Hurry up and get in!"

"Ann!" Kuina yells back, delighted to see her. Ann opens the door to the backseat and we all pile in, I look down at Chishiya and he gets up, pulling me in front of him as we run to the car. I look behind me and see Chishiya slacking behind.

"Chishiya, hurry!"

"Just run, why don't you?"

Before he could make it to the car, something rolls over onto the ground in front of us, it takes a few seconds to realize what it is.

"Shit! Drive!" Chishiya says hurriedly, pushing the door closed before I could grab him. Tatta doesn't wait and hits the gas pedal, leaving Chishiya behind.

"Chishiya!" I quickly look out of the window, and see Chishiya dash behind a car, narrowly missing the bomb. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I think we lost them," Tatta tells us from the driver's seat.

"You think Chishiya is okay?" Kuina asks from beside me and I look over at her, worry showing on both our faces.

"We should go back for him," I try reasoning but Arisu interrupts me, "No, it's too risky, he'll be fine on his own."

"I guess you're right," I drop it, looking out the window once again, but now we are too far away to see him.

"What is wrong with this game? What are the rules? We didn't even register for it!" Kuina wonders out loud.