So It Begins

Nobody knew what to do after the ordeal. I couldn't even think straight.

After all that we had gone through, we have to fight even more. Is this some kind of joke? I started thinking about the situation. Why had Chishiya seemed happy about the games? Maybe I don't know him as well as I thought.

"Y/n!"

I look up, noticing Kuina gesturing for me to get up. Usgai looked concerned as she looked around frantically.

"What's wrong?" Kuina asked her

"I can hear something"

She stared off into the distance and me and Kuina followed her, trying to get a glimpse of what she thought she was hearing.

Cars slowly started piling in. Was the game finally starting?

"Those are cars from The Beach." Kuina said.

"What are they doing here?" I question.

They started getting out of the cars and Arisu approached one, so I quickly made my way over to hear what they were saying.

"We saw the blimps," the man said and the woman next to him finished it off, "And we heard rumors that the next stage was starting."

Me and Arisu glanced at each other, not quite sure what to make of this.

I start walking alway, a sense of hopelessness disappointing me. Nobody has any clue when it will start, nobody knows what the new games will look like, and nobody has answers except the game master. I notice Chishiya and I start making my way over to him, we hadn't said a word to each other since coming out of the bunker and I started wondering if he knew more than he was letting on.

"Chishiya. . ."

A loud gunshot blasted from behind me and I jumped back around, seeing that the man we were just talking to was now lying on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding him.

Then there was another one and then another one.

"A rifle," Chishiya announced, we stood there frozen, dread sinking in. Then he looked over at the four of us.

"Get out of here!"

Arisu grabbed me and we started running. People everywhere were being shot down, no rules, no alert that it was starting, it was all so sudden.

Few were still just standing there, frozen with shock.

"Run!" I warned them and when they didn't move. I went to grab them but before I could another round went off and they fell to the ground in front of me.

"Oh shit," I stood there for a second before feeling my feet pull me to safety.

I catch up to the rest of them, a few steps behind Chishiya, as I follow them to behind the bus stop shelter. As we went round the corner of it, Chishiya grabbed my hand, shielding me from a gunshot hitting the side of the building and we all ducked down, careful of being seen from the glass.

"Has the game started?" Kuina asks.

"It must have," I tell her.

"Did they explain the rules?"

"There aren't any rules. It's just mass murder!" Arisu determines.

We start stalking the side of the building, being careful not to make any wrong moves. I look behind me, watching Chishiya surveillance the area, "That rifle can fire from a kilometer away."

I look over to the others, asking, "What are we going to do? Even if we run, we are still only taking a chance. . .'' I peek up from the glass, still seeing people get shot down one by one.

"I've heard those guns before," Kuina says.

"They're using an assault rifle." Chishiya adds on.

"But we don't know how many there are," Usagi reminds everybody.

We stay there for a second, trying to figure something out.

"Look! There's more players arriving!" Arisu tells us from around the corner.

I look up once again, seeing a pile of people dashing into the middle of Shibuya Square,

"Look how many survivors there are!" I hear Kuina say.

A couple more shots went off, taking down some of the people that just arrived, I quickly duck back down 'It's a death trap..."

"Shit, they're making their way over here," Arisu tells us, "We have to go!"

We creep our way back over to the other side of the building, and I follow Kuina as we wait for a time that's clear. I can barely hear myself breathe over the sounds of screams and gunshots.

"Come on!" Arisu yells and I'm pulled away from my thinking. As soon as we step away from the building gunshots are already hitting the ground near us, making it near impossible to get anywhere.

"We have to split up!" Chishiya shouts and we both stop for a moment, giving a quick nod, before we all separate in different directions.

I run, not really knowing where I'm going.

I could hear screams from all around me, gunshots were piercing my ears. I wasn't sure where the gunshots were landing but all I was hoping was that I wasn't next.

After running frantically for a while, I hear someone scream my name and I feel some sort of relief.

"Chishiya!"

We both keep going until finally we are side by side.

"Have you seen the others?"

He shakes his head no.

Not soon after, Kuina finds us and runs over and I see Arisu and Usagi running from the other side.

"Arisu!"

I yell out but he seems to have gotten distracted by something. A rifle round goes off and Chishiya pulls me down so that we are hiding behind a car. I try to steady my breathing and I look around the corner, seeing that Arisu is safe and with Usagi.

"You'll die if you don't stay focused!" Kuina yells at him.

Another round goes off near us, making me jump.

"Where the fuck are they shooting from?"

I look around frantically, hoping to get a glance as to some clue where they are.

"The King of Spades," Chishiya looks up, grabbing my attention.

I followed his head to the sound above us, seeing the same banner I had seen before.

"The King of Spades..." I repeat.