The Beginning

We all decide to split off and look around for more people.

My first instinct, of course, being to check on my mother.

I run down the road to the hospital, and once I get there I immediately go to my mothers room.

But there was nothing. She wasn't there and neither were her belongings.

I was too worried about my mother, I hadn't even noticed nobody was anywhere in the hospital either. I go back out into the hallway and search around more. Checking in the bathrooms and back rooms, but still couldn't find any source of life anywhere.

Fear and confusion starts filling up inside me, I give up on looking around more and make my way back to where the others were.

I see Arisu standing in the middle of the road, he notices me and yells, "Did you find anything?"

"No. There was nothing." I yell back tiredly

I see Karube coming from my right. Arisu asking the same thing and Karube giving the same answer.

Chota not far behind, out of breath from running, yelling, "There's no one around at all."

"Even our cellphones aren't working," Arisu explains to us

I quickly grab my phone out of my pocket, realizing he was right. We all glance at each other, confused out of our minds.

We stayed in the same spot for hours, now sitting on the road, trying to come up with reasons as to why everything disappeared.

"Could it be an evacuation drill?" Arisu asks

"Wouldn't there have been an alert or even an alarm?" I ask, doubting that we would be oblivious to an evacuation happening.

"An event? A flash mob, maybe?" Chota questions

"The scale is too huge for that," Karube sighs, changing his seating position uncomfortably

"If only the 4 of us remain here..." Arisu starts saying with a slight smile on his face. We all turn our heads to look at him.

There is silence, and I could already tell what he was about to say. I roll my eyes as his smile gets bigger, "This doesn't seem so bad to me."

"What?" Karube asks taken aback

"Don't you find this exciting?" Arisu asks with a giggle

"No," I say looking down,

"Ok, maybe a little..." I add on after a couple seconds looking up at arisu.

Me and Arisu giggle at eachother.

"Are you guys insane," Karube says with a look on his face that tells me he doesn't agree with us. It gets quiet.

We all sit staring at each other when Chota starts laughing

"You're right. I think this is quite nice." Chota says with a big smile on his face. Me and Arisu look at him and we laugh together. Karube is still not on the same page.

"I don't have to go to work," Chota adds still laughing

"Have you guys gone crazy?" Karube says with a serious voice

Chota ignores him, "No one would be angry at us. And we can drink and eat all we want, right?"

"That sounds really nice." I state in a playful voice, the three of us laughing

"You'll be a virgin your whole life," Karube says looking at Chota.

Chotas smile fades, "I don't want that."

Chotas eyes glancing at both me and Arisu. I'm the first one to laugh, hearing Arisu and Chota laugh after me.

Karube looks at us all concerned which makes me laugh even more, my upper body falling on the ground as I can't conceal my laughter.

Arisu gets up yelling at the top of his lungs. Chota following soon after doing the same thing.

I lift my upper body up off the ground and start getting up as well, but before I have my turn to yell freely, Karube interrupts me

"Hey!" he says annoyed as he comes over to the three of us.

Dropping his serious act he says, "Stop joking around, you guys!" while embracing us all in a group hug.

A bright light pulls me away from the hug as I look confusingly at my friends. We all turn around, suspense building as we wonder what's gonna happen next.

Words show up on the screen surprising me.

WELCOME PLAYERS. THE GAME WILL COMMENCE IN A MOMENT.

I can't seem to take my eyes off the screen as I curiously ask, "Game? What's going on?"

The silence continues until the words that were there before are replaced with new instructions,

THIS WAY TO THE GAME ARENA

It says with a huge arrow pointing right.

Arisu points out a building with lights illuminating from it, making us all look.

"There are lights," Chota points out the obvious

"Is someone there?" Karube asks, I look at him.

"I don't know, Let's go check," I say already walking towards it

I look back at my friends seeing they aren't following.

Karube looks at me and nods, "Let's go." Followed by Arisu saying okay and jogging towards me.