Goal

I spent the next couple days at random stores I found, not wanting to stay in one place for too long, in fear I'll start going crazy. My daily routine would include searching for food, eating the food, and then curling into a ball, usually crying, before my eyes gave up on me and I fell asleep.

Yesterday was especially hard, my mind kept going back to one thing and one thing only.

My friends.

I missed them, and that feeling of yearning to see them again overpowered all the sadness and fear.

Today wasn't any better. The pain was still there, however all my tears had already dried out. Although I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I pick myself up from the little corner I sat in, finishing the food I had.

I pick up the phone I got from the last game I was at with Chishiya, I try turning it on in hopes it will help distract me, but the battery had already run out. I throw it onto the ground angrily.

The only thing I could think of doing now was to join another game and hopefully meet more people.

I start venturing down the road in search for a Game Arena.

It felt like I was searching for hours, I was about to give up, but then I see a big bright sign telling me which way the arena was.

I run down the road, hoping I'm not too late to register.

As I follow the signs I see a large tunnel entrance. I stop in front of it hesitating to go further. After a quick second I swallow my fear and walk through the border, the lasers turning blue.

I walk farther in and stop when I see a big bus, spray paint covering the exterior of it. I slowly jog towards the entrance of it, before I go in a voice stops me.

"Y/n?" I hear someone ask me in a shocked voice.

I look up to see them. My heart dropping at the sight.

"Arisu?!"

He runs up to me, giving me a bone crushing hug. I could feel my eyes start to water, all my emotions piling onto me.

We pull away and I look at him, "You're alive!" I say happily, a single tear falling down my face as I quickly wipe it away.

A girl comes up next to him and she looks familiar, I quickly remember she's the wall climber from the tag game.

She introduces herself as Usagi and we all make our way up the stairs of the bus.

My mind momentarily forgets that I have a game to participate in, and I smile happily as my sorrow is lifted from my shoulders.

I grab a phone from the table, not watching the screen as it scans my face.

Instead I look behind me, hoping to see Chota, Karube, and Shibuki, but it's only Arisu and Usagi. My smile fades, I shrug it off, thinking that they probably have enough visa days to not have to participate in this one. I'll have to question them later as to why they never came back to the mall.

"You guys aren't new to this." I hear a man's voice say from the back of the bu,s pulling me away from my thoughts.

I look up and see three men, none of whom I recognize. We all shake our heads, confirming their suspicion that this isn't our first game.

"What about you guys?" Usagi asks them.

The one sitting in the middle starts telling us, "The three of us cleared four games together. We happened to be together in our first game, and we stuck together after that."