Betrayal

Hey guys sorry for not posting consistently recently, I had to make up so much schoolwork because instead of doing it when it was due, I just procrastinated. The next thing I know everything is being turned in late :)

Anyway please enjoy the story.

______________________________________________________________________________

TRIGGER WARNING// violence, mentions of torture and rape.

An hour seemed to pass while waiting for him. Arisu, Usagi, and I mostly stayed quiet while we all sat on the various couches in the room.

From the corner of my eye I could tell Arisu was getting a bit impatient.

"How long did he say it is gonna be?" Arisu asks looking at me.

"He didn't say..."he sighs loudly and I roll my eyes, "but it probably won't be much longer."

I change my position from sitting on the chair to going over to lay on the bed.

I close my eyes for a few seconds before I hear the door swing open, I sit up to see Kuina and Chishiya walking in.

I stand up from the bed looking at Chishiya, hoping he has some answers.

"Sorry I took so long, I had to get Kuina first," Chishiya explains. I nod at him telling him I understand.

He makes his way past me to one of the chairs, our eyes connecting as he passes my figure.

I glance up to see Arisu giving me a weird smirk, I just shake my head at him.

Chishiya sits in the chair that's at the head of the room, and we all sit around him.

I sit across from Kuina, both of us muttering a hello at each other before Chishiya starts explaining everything he has planned.

"The black envelope," he starts, "The poker cards gathered by all the members of the Beach are kept in the safe in Hatter's royal suite room. The passcode to the safe is kept and sealed inside the black envelope. The envelope is opaque and kept in utmost secrecy, and can be opened only when there is a new Number One. The new Number One will check the passcode alone in front of all the executive members. Then, he will place the paper with the passcode written on it, into a new envelope and seal it again. It will be signed by all executive members before it's stashed away again"

We all nod in agreement, taking in the information he told us.

"So, what's your plan," I ask him and he looks over at me, giving me an indescribable look, hesitating for a second before continuing to talk,

"First, Arisu will infiltrate the royal suite," He says while looking at Arisu, "Then he will search for the safe and steal all of the playing cards inside."

I will admit that it seems risky, but at this point what other choice do we have, obviously it's safe enough for Chishiya to think that Arisu can do it.

I look to Arisu, seeing him with his head down, probably nervous.

"What about the passcode?" Arisu questions, looking towards Chishiya.

"I have an idea of that. I'll tell you when you're in front of the safe," Chishiya tells him, giving him a walkie talkie.

"You're really cautious," Arisu remarks looking down at the walkie talkie, before grabbing it, "I got it."

"Usagi and Kuina will be on the lookout," he adds, giving them both a walkie talkie as well.

"What about me?" I ask, confused as to what I was supposed to do in all of this.