Chapter 20: Recovery

Author's Note: This is the full intended release of this chapter containing an intense lovemaking scene. Any such scenes like the one later on here will be shown as is, but do serve the purpose of furthering the relationships shown. Thank you for your understanding. 

- - - - - Wyndon, Oleana's Home - - - - -

- - - - - Early morning - - - - -

The buzzing of a morning alarm clock rang a disgustingly annoying noise that woke up one Oleana, the Chairman of the Pokemon League in Galar. By reflex alone an arm shoots out from underneath the blankets and punches the alarm clock straight from the dresser to the floor. It makes a loud clash of cheap plastic nearly exploding on impact, and a few seconds later Oleana groans. Her head slowly rises from the pillow as both eyes open. Sitting up, the blanket falls to her stomach as she wore no top: in the buff first thing in the morning. A few things had run through her mind in consideration. The first was that as she sat upright in irritation of the morning hours, she remembered all of the things that had been conveniently 'forgotten' on her 'to-do list' when she returned home the previous night. The second was that her one love, one quietly sleeping Sam, was next to her. Was he dreaming of his home, Johto? Would he ever miss it now that he had committed in their relationship?

Looking down at his unconscious profile, one hand lightly raked through his thick hair. /I have done nothing but put in as much time as I have every single day ever since Rose was taken in by the authorities. For his crimes against Galar and its common folk, I took up the mantle of responsibility. Sam and I have had many a conversation about our own lost time being apart despite our responsibilities.../ Her eyes look up to one of her windows to see that no sun had begun to come up yet even as the curtains had shut out the outdoor scenery. Removing herself from her bed quietly and going to put on a robe, Oleana walked to the window and peeked outside. It was still dark, but Galar was already awake and active as if nothing had changed in the past day. If she got ready now, by the time she would arrive at the League Headquarters the sun would begin to peek across the horizon.

"Oleana...mmg...you going to work?" Mumbled Sam from the bed, who had stirred subconsciously in his sleep only to wake up on his own. The clash of scheduling on her workload and his own retirement from all things in the League would ultimately take some time to get familiarized. Oleana turned her head to the still sleepy Sam and walked until she was near his bedside and sat on it so he could make out her figure in the still of the darkness. "Good morning, dear. Did you sleep well?"

Sitting up, Sam grinned a bit sheepishly upwards at her as she leaned towards him and kissed him lightly. "How could I not after yesterday evening? Plus, I'm finally home where I belong."

It felt good to hear those words come out of him. She pulled aside some hair and chuckled. Oleana was, sometimes to a fault, a very stoic and serious person. "To answer your initial question, dear..." she inhaled deeply. "I don't think I want to go in today."

Despite the fact the bedroom was dark and her own vision had begun to adjust to it, only illuminated by the slight glow of the outdoors of Galar's morning society, she could tell her comment made Sam do a double take. "You don't..?"

Oleana shook her head slowly then reached for where his hand was at underneath the blanket while now able to make out the figure of his topless torso. "You finally came back to me. I don't wanna leave your side at all for the entire day."