Chapter 31: Another Step Forward

Chapter artwork courtesy of https://twitter.com/ghosthaunterart

- - - ???, 9:10 PM - - -

TR_11985: TR82019, report. Archer has been asking about where you're at in terms of Prog.MG. I've been informed that the agent being used for your procedures has caused everything else to delay.

TR_82019: Well since you asked so kindly, it's finished.

TR_11985: Finished? If it's 'finished' then why has nothing been presented to your superiors? Why did they ask me to come check on you like some sitter? It has been 6 months.

TR_82019: With all due respect, our old coots from Johto expect me to make diamonds out of rocks overnight. I am asking for experts when I was supplanted with rookies and secondhand accounts of Operation Critical Hit's findings. The other executives have continued to bother me with incessant questioning as if what they're doing is any more important.

TR_11985: The 'GO' Agents?

TR_82019: The dumb one wearing the beret and big muscles. I dislike his aura; his smell assaults my every orifice. Anyways, on account of this 'Operation Endgame'...everything I've worked on will be sent when it's done. Otherwise we risk losing everything.

TR_11985: I require you to elaborate.

TR_82019: Energies mixed from the coupe at Kanto Headquarters, Chemical R, and anything we've salvaged from Kalos has proven to be like handling a fleeting Voltorb who's in mid-explosion. We have been able to curate all of this into the Pro_Ga.Bro.Subject, Pro_UWHQ. objectives our team is working on, but I'm afraid it will take some time with Prog.MG.

TR_11985: Chemical R? From Rhyme City's incident? I was under the impression that anything connected to it was lost.

TR_82019: Not lost. Everything done was backed up, and continued on here with my delicate hands to refine it. It won't be the unusable 'berzerk button' we saw before.

TR_11985: So what does this mean altogether?

TR_82019: Whatever Oleana and Rose set up to extract energy from Eternatus is what we need now. What I have is not enough unless you'd rather I continue banging sticks and rocks together. I, or mind you, WE need to go up from here. We're using AAA batteries when we need a nuclear power plant. It's simply too much, and we don't have enough to spare.

TR_11985: You have 1 hour. That is the most time I can buy for you.

*TR_11985 has left the discussion*

-

"Fuck!" The woman behind the computer said, shouting and cursing out loud to herself. She glanced around herself and narrowed her gaze at some hanging blueprints. /A measly 60 minutes to come up with something conclusive. Make ME new 'Executive'? May as well be leading a whole group like those buffoons who have to recite 'blasting off again' like it was their mantra!/

Punching one of the desks, she walked off in a huff before tapping away hurriedly on another set of keyboards adjacent to her on another desk. The night was young...

- - 1 hour later - -

*TR_11985 has entered the discussion*

*TR_32010 has entered the discussion*

TR_32010: Agent 82019. You have excised patience past the limitations of our leaders. Present what you have.