Chapter 4: No Swords or Shields

The next day comes, and for a second Haru wakes up almost having to take a minute to realize what happened the other night. He sees his usual bed companion, his Glaceon named Nora, and smiles. She wakes up right alongside him with her flat tail wagging a bit. Seems the clock would show he slept in a little bit in the morning: it was already a short bit past where he usually wakes up but not so far gone that he would be courted a slacker. "Morning, girl. I know I came home late last night. Things have gotten a bit interesting. Methinks we should up our game a bit." he said, getting up and stretching. Going downstairs, it seemed his phone was blown up by a few texts. His only indication that he got anything was the screen lighting up as he walked by it; a curious glance coming over him once it was picked up.

[SONIA: Hey, come see me when you get time. I think I have something to help you in that goal you're looking to accomplish. I know Shiny hunting isn't your thing you're going to be interested in...but there may be someone else other than I who could lead you by the hand. Oh, and bring a backpack. You're going to need it. I'm in the lab all day today.]

[AGENT S: Sir just a reminder that today you have an exhibition match against Leon to promote the Galar Region. Bring whatever you consider to be your best team for the match; it really helps to sell the onlookers. You're doing well lately by the way, but do make sure you don't say something that will be a detriment to you later on. There are enough rogue-like Masters across other regions.]

/Ah right, I suppose that was going to come sooner or later. We hit a boom recently in tourism...guess outside of a bunch of normal television stuff I haven't exactly been in the prime advertisement for our region./ grabbing himself a bowl, cereal, milk, and fruit. He saw Nora follow him to the kitchen and eventually saw his Lunatone float in. "Morning Luna." going back to check who else sent him messages. A smile came across his face when he realized several were from one person.

[NESSA: Been thinking about it for a bit since I woke up, but please check your head. :C Not sure I was thorough enough in checking for any bruises.]

[NESSA: Outside of that...thank you again for last night. I feel like I can take on the world better now not just with my Pokemon but in other ways...I think you know what I mean. It'd be nice to see you again soon.]

[NESSA: I'll be in the Gym for the next few days, and not always by my phone so either come by or call to get back up with me. See you! XO]

As he finished that last text he just smiled. Much like how Nessa was the one to act first out of the two of them, it was time he set in motion a retaliation move. Not wasting time, Haru set out to do his morning routine of self care, making sure his Pokemon team was taken care of, and then heading out. Before doing so, he decided to snag a new sweat-jacket for the day: the Fighting Gym colors.

- - - - - Hulbury - - - - -

- - - - - Water Gym - - - - -

"OHHHHH THE RAGING WAVE STRIKES FIERCE AND HEAVY TODAY, MARKING DOWN HER FIRST VICTORY! LET'S HAVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR OUR CHALLENGER TODAY AS THEY FOUGHT VALIANTLY AND HOPE TO SEE THEM AGAIN SOON!" came the booming speakers over the jumbotron. The crowd was already hyped for the day but they were happy to see how well Nessa was performing. Her and the challenger trainer met in the middle, and Nessa gave them an encouraging hug.

"You may not have won today, but I sincerely hope to see you again get stronger and challenge me again soon. You have massive potential, just don't lose focus okay?" she suggested, to which the trainer sucked in their pride at the defeat while Nessa raised their arm up in mutual respect for the battle.