Chapter 18: Rusted Shield

Cover Artwork for Chapter 18 was commissioned through the artist RC-San. 

instagram.com/rcsanart/

www.facebook.com/RCSanArt

- - - - - Wyndon, Pokemon League HQ - - - - -

- - - - - Early morning, 7:20 AM - - - - -

"It rolls right off the tongue pretty well..."

"Yes, though honestly the idea wasn't just ours."

"Leon suggested it recently, but with all the recent cleanup we've been doing.."

"Right, it only makes sense it's taken awhile."

Oleana crossed her legs and put a finger to her lips in thought. " 'Galarian Star Tournament' hmm? Though I think we should stave it off for a short while, if only for one reason, ladies and gents." the Chairman said, getting up from the chair and standing up. Clapping her hands once together, the others in the room now paid attention to her next words more attentively. "Let's take for consideration the big favor we asked out of all the other regions that were able to help out for Team Rocket's eventual extermination. The court case is still ongoing, yes, but it was a giant effort that was only successful thanks to their support."

"Ma'am, what are you thinking instead?" asked one gentleman to her side with a raised hand. The blonde who was at one point nothing more than an expert who kept her nose staring at the blue glow of a computer screen until the late hours of the morning turned to him with a small grin. "It's rather easy. Let's take the same idea of what was proposed, and henceforth expand on it. We shall make it a union of other regions; an olympic-like exhibition if you will. Let us invite those same people back and allow them all to showcase their skills to the public eye."

Oleana turned outwards to the morning sunrise that peered in through the glass windows of the offices the group were conversing in and gestured with a slight wave to the outside. "Consider the possibility of us easing the tensions from us having to ask them to risk those Champions and trainers of yesteryear for that operation. Let them come to our stadium here in Wyndon, and say 'This is what passion from Alola looks like', or any other location, if you will."

"I think you got something there, Miss Chairman. We could even partner up with charities to make sure that-"

"Do you think that the cafes from Hoenn would be a nice fit-"

"I know a guy who was in the running to become the Champion in Hoenn, though we've yet to hear where they went to; perhaps we can-"

The whole room started to explode in discussion of possible events, business partners, sponsors, and promotions that could lead up to this idea that Oleana struck. She looked back on the whole room with a softness to her face that had begun to show more commonly than it used to a few years back. It was nice to have things stay on the up-and-up. Her phone had vibrated within her breast pocket. Taking it out and glancing at the screen, Oleana looked to the councilmen. "Excuse me for just a moment, everyone. I'll be back in 10."

Exiting the room, Oleana brought out her phone again and sighed contently. It was a message from Sam.

[Sam: Case may be wrapping up soon. I'm exhausted, but I'm hopeful things will be coming to a positive end for us soon. Having hard time sleeping but figured I would just say I hope things are going well there, Oleana.]