CHAPTER 5

(JUSTIN'S POV)

"Aga mo naman Jah. Saan punta mo?" Stell said. We're having a video call. Apat lang kami. Wala si Ken. As usual, tulog pa 'yon.

"Hayaan niyo na siya. Inspired lang kasi e. Batukan ko lang 'to mamaya kapag di na naman nagfofocus sa practice. Puro ata lovelife nasa isip neto" sabi naman ni Josh na hindi ko masiyadong maintindihan. Nagtotoothbrush kasi tapos nagsasalita. Paano ko maiinitindihang maigi 'yon aber?

"May imemeet lang ako. Something important, you know. Para sa surprise. Hehe" I said.

"Huwag ka lang malate sa practice mamaya. At isa pa, please focus naman Jah.  Kapag andon na sa practice room, lahat ng iniisip mo, iwan mo sa labas okay? Napapansin kong minsan parang nandito ka sa practice pero naiwan mo utak mo kung saan" Sejun added.

"Roger that." I replied and gave a chuckle.

"Sige na. Maliligo na ako. Bye" Stell said and the call ended. I sighed.

I left earlier than the call time. I will be meeting someone e. You would know later. Okay, I'll tell you na lang.Well, I won't be going straight ahead. I'll be meeting with Jenny Yeo, the CEO of Center of Creative Arts. She's a public figure. From what I heard, she's crazy rich and owns luxurious cars and stuffs. A model and yeah, a businesswoman.We're going to talk about renting an auditorium for my surprise for Thalia. She gave me the location on where we're gonna talk. It's in a restaurant a little far from our place. Dito kami mag-uusap.

After a few moment of waiting, someone entered the restaurant. She's wearing a glittery red suit and a Chanel bag. Eto na ata siya. From that look, you could easily tell nga mayaman siya.  She looks like a celebrity walking in a red carpet in Met Gala or something. 

"Hi! You're Justin De Dios, right?" she asked. I was a little bit intimidated realizing she's in front of me now. I nod and smiled as a reply.

"I am Jenny Yeo, the CEO of Center of Creative Arts. You booked an appointment, right?" she said and offered me a handshake.I extended my arm as a respond. I feel a little bit bizarre.

"Have a seat." sabi niya. She called a waitress na kukuha sa mga orders namin..

"So, when will you be speaking up? You look frozen. Hey,  are you okay?  Are you nervous? Come on, don't be please. Just be comfortable, okay?" she said.

I just feel like I'm not comfortable with this woman. I don't know why. Just nevermind, maybe I was just nervous because of her presence. Kung ganito ba naman kaganda at kayaman, paano ka hindi maiintimidate. Yes, maybe that's it.At that moment. Our food came.

"U-uhm, so I will be renting an auditorium for a surprise party. I will be proposing to my girlfriend and I want it to happen there. Simple as that." casual na sabi ko.

She was slightly shocked and showed me a surprised look. Totally surprised as if she know me well. I feel like she knows me. A fan maybe? Or maybe not. She looks like she has no time for fangirling.

"Really? Well, since I'm  having a good day today, my auditorium would be free for you. Valentines Promo, I guess. Hmm what do you think?" she said ang glared at me.

"F-for free? No, I insist. I have to pay for it. It's a bussiness and as a client, I am obliged to pay.  And nakaabala ako sa time mo. You should be working now but look, you came for me just to give a free rent?" I said, being confused.

" No worries. It's still early for an employer to work at this hour.  I guess I'm more delighted to have someone who could eat with me. Another thing ,there's no one in the office at this moment so there's nothing to be worried about. Look, you don't have to owe me one. It's okay. It's totally okay. Just do great, will you? Make her say yes!  she said, making a smile. Weird.

"No. I'm really willing to pay. I would feel sad if you won't accept my payment.  I can pay naman. I already kept if just for this. Allow me to pay you .Here." I said, handing her a check. She hesitated to accept but still accepted it. That's good.

"Well, if you insist. Now, eat. I'll pay the bill later. No buts and such. This is really my treat." she said.

Ms. Jenny is a stranger to me. First time namin na magmeet and mag-usap but she treats me as if we've known each other for a very long time. Pero kasi hindi ko alam kung ano itong nafefeel ko. Parang may iba sa kaniya. She looks- familiar. Hindi ko matandaan kung saan o kailan ko siya nakita pero sinasabi ng isip ko I have seen her before.She's nice and approachable but I just feel weird. I just don't understand myself.

I opened my phone to check the time. Just less than an hour and our practice will be starting.

"Papunta na ako. See you." Stell said on the text.

"I'm here na kaya. Bilisan niyo na, baka padating na si Ms. Hong."  Sejun said. Patay.

"Ah excuse me po. I  really have to go now. Thank you for your presence and time.  Salamat din po sa treat. Nabusog po ako and at the same time, naenjoy ko rin. Eat well." I said.

" You're going now? Should I give you a lift? It'll be faster for you to arrive at your destination." she offered.

" Naku, huwag na po. Sasakay na lang po ako sa transpo sa labas diyan. " I said.

" Are you sure? Well, okay. Goodbye." she said as I stood up, ready to go.

I wore my backpack back and stood up. I bid farewell to her at lumabas na.And the last thing I saw, she's sipping a cup of coffee while giggling.

Just weird.